before • you • start

Dear Readers,

Dear Readers,

I see you've been reigned in to read this terrible book because of the amazing cover and description.  Well, thank you for judging the book by its cover and choosing to click on mine, specifically. I like you already! But you might not – I'm afraid.

This is mainly because this book truly does suck. I wrote this when I was in middle school, long before 2018 (as it might be shown from here on out) and if you've been a Wattpad user for more than a few months, I think you should be aware of the fact that you must never – and I repeat, never – read a book written by a middle schooler (no offense, middle schoolers haha). 

Honestly, when I read all the drafts and published parts of this book, I was like, "Oh god, this can't be me. This sucks. I thought what I write is awesome. But this sucks." It's not an overstatement to say that reading this book really hit my ego (more like slapped, boomeranged, and utterly incinerated it). 

But what can I say, there's something about Harper and Alec that just calls to me. If you don't mind a bit of a spoiler, Harper is really down-to-Earth and a generally good person, while Alec is a dorky, cute and playful guy – and I just love them so much! 

I couldn't delete this story because of that. And I couldn't unpublish it because of the numerous supportive comments by @pattachan and @spratleymac. Like, I begged these two angels to read this horrendous book and I couldn't let their time go to waste. Seriously, these sweet souls were patient enough to read it and not bruise my writer pride by giving me good reviews for this book! Ugh, I love them for that.

So anyway, despite the plot holes and stupid, unnecessary characters, I thought, "Hey, it can't get worse than it already is," and so I've decided to publish all the chapters I have with me. 

As you read, you might think, "Hey, why is she writing so many unnecessary things here?" but let me warn you, that isn't sane Lorraine of college, that's middle-school Lorraine who had an inhumane idealistic vision of romance and who was obsessed with minor details that no one cared about (way before 2018). 

So anyway, thanks for reading this little tidbit. You may begin reading this immature (but a bit cute) book if you still feel like reading it. Otherwise, be on your way!

Ah! Before you go, here are three things you MUST remember:

1. VOTE on every chapter. And comment, if you can. TBH, this book is so bad I need some encouragement to keep it here.

2. There's a little swearing but apart from that, I think it doesn't have any other mature themes that shouldn't be read by younguns.

3. Add this to your "TERRIBLE BOOK" reading list. Or if you're feeling kind, (PLEASE) add it to your normal reading list. I'd be grateful beyond compare ♡

Thank you...

xx, Rain