- 4 -

Turns out Alec had stopped in front of a movie theatre. He had booked an evening show for – I looked down at my ticket – Grizzly Zombies & the Haunted Campfire: The Sequel

So, a horror, huh?

I squeezed my hand, which was still in Alec's, and he looked down at me. I smiled at him and he smiled back, albeit he looked more constipated than happy to be seeing this movie.

From his relaxed and confident persona inside the car, he had reverted back to the nervous, blushing mess of an Alec as we moved across the ocean of people to our respective seats. 

In the darkness, I could sense the heat of his skin and his closeness. This wasn't really a good mindset to be in when the person in question was muttering and rambling about how this movie was "rated to be the most epic zombie saga of the decade," and how his friends had recommended it to him because "it was a must-watch!"

I could tell, by a glance at his frowning smile and quivering fingers, whatever he was saying was complete bullshit. He picked the movie, not his friends. It wasn't an epic saga, it was a scary, full-of-blood and gore, and making-your-girlfriend-cling-onto-you type of movie. 

For the past few weeks we'd been talking, I'd realized that Alec was an open book. I wonder why he even bothered trying to lie. 

But it seemed fun, so I nodded along and we sat down. After the ads, the hall dimmed and the movie started. 

I counted the minutes, roughly 14 minutes, until the first body was severed. I wasn't a fan of horror, but I was pretty used to watching such "scary" movies because of Hayden, who started watching X-rated films since he was eleven, which in turn meant that I started watching them too, when I was not even eight years old (I was seven and a half). 

So I jumped when the fire engulfed the zombie, who completely decapitated the woman, but not as much as Alec – who as I spied, couldn't handle it at all. He was paralyzed with fear and unable to look away, only paling and watching, petrified and horrified, and all those words. 

But the movie only worsened from then. I don't want to go into details, but the movie was beyond anything I'd seen. Even me, a veteran of scary movies, was actually scared. I glanced at Alec, behind me, who was turning a shade of white. 

And when I turned back to the screen, away from his face, another bloody scene made me shy away. We spent an entire hour that way, until the intermission rolled by. And we decided to get up for a quick bathroom way. 

As we tried to get up, Alec rolled from his seat, almost tumbling down into the row in front of us. I gasped, immediately going to his aid, "Oh my goodness, Alec, are you okay?"

"I – I – I – I –" He looked from right to left to straight to me, shaking his head, "Yeah." 

Yeah, my ass.

"Okay, we're gonna go outside, come on," I put his hand on one of my shoulders and helped him balance on his feet. As we were moving down, I heard a snicker from somewhere below us and turned to see what was the matter. Of course, Alec decided to turn his attention there as well.

"Lololol," A guy was not-so-discretely pointing at us, and laughing "Dude, that guy's sooooo lame."

I felt like punching the stranger, but let it go. I could tell that Alec, who was prideful to say the least, had been completely humiliated. Not only from this movie thing, but from the spicy food thing as well. I sighed. 

When we were outside, I decided it was better to not go in at all, "Alec, let's go to a park somewhere and see the sunset." 

But Alec wasn't listening. His eyes were distant and his jaw clenched. He looked away, shaking his head, "No, I can g—" But before he could finish, I punched his stomach, annoyed.