- 2 -

I closed my front door, and walked onto the porch with him beside me, "So, where will you be taking me?"

"Well, I was hoping to take you to—" He abruptly stopped mid-sentence, and shook his head, muttering, "No, wait. It was written that I shouldn't tell you or it won't be a surprise anymore."

I raised an eyebrow, "Sorry, what did you say?" 

He shook his head again, "No, nothing. It's a surprise."

I blinked, a bit suspicious of the way he said the word 'surprise,' as if it was something foreign and illogical, "Alright. I'll let you surprise me, then." 

We started walking towards his parked car, a blue sedan, with me in front... when suddenly, he bounded past me, reaching the door to the passenger's side first. 

Opening the car door for me, he smiled, lightly panting from his sudden sprint, "Here."

I smiled back, "Why, thank you."

He shut the door for me, dimples on his cheeks as he gave me a toothy grin, and rounded the car to his side. After we were both sitting down, with seatbelts on and key inside the ignition, Alec subtly glanced at me, "I think I forgot to mention how lovely you look tonight."

I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from laughing at him. He just called me "lovely" and referred to the time as "tonight." I chided myself to not laugh at him or else he'd revert back to a lump of goo. 

"Thank you," I managed, without giving away my ridiculing thoughts about his sudden change of demeanor.

"This is the first time I've seen you with that hairstyle..." He met my eyes for a brief moment, before turning back to the window screen, "It really makes the blue in your eyes pop out."

I allowed myself a short giggle, stroking the tiny strands that fell out of my styled hair, and on the sides of my face. My hair was in a braided bun, the kind that sits atop the head, looking messy yet perfect. It took me almost 20 minutes to make that "untidy" look, which now that I realize was so dumb. 

Whatever I do for a boy...

"A-Also, your outfit," Alec continued, his voice was adorably timid, "It looks good. You look good, I mean."

"Where's that flirty, pick-up line master, from chemistry class?" I ask, watching him sweat from beside me. I felt like some sadistic villain for enjoying the display of his squirmy state.

He turned to me, and then back, "He's here. It's just... that he's really nervous today."

"Well, please tell him to stop stressing and start enjoying," I replied. 

When Alec didn't answer back, I decided it was in the best interest of both of us to change the topic and save him the agony of being worried, so I searched my mind for a topic. 

I settled with, "I know you said it's a 'surprise,' but seriously. Where are we going, Alec?" 

"I told you," Alec laughed, "It's a surprise. But hey, you can guess. I think it's fairly easy to guess."

I scrunched my face, thinking of plausible date sites, "Okay. I'm gonna name all the places in one go. So just say no or yes."

He nodded in reply, turning the wheel and steering us further downtown. 

"Amusement park!"

"No."

Groan.

"Window shopping!"