Part 1

an older man in his early 40s settles on the outside wall of a high school, with long brown hair, loosely pulled down into a ponytail and casual and red button up flannel. he seems tired, but smiling gently waiting for someone. maybe his kid?

A young 15 year old girl runs out of the school doors even though it's not time to leave school yet. She trips and falls. She's got some pretty bad bruises all over her. She cries from all the pain and looks around to make sure no one's around to see her so weak

He frowns immediately getting up from his slouched position to go help her up "oh- uh sweetheart, you okay?! Here, lemme help!"
His eyes are covered with sunglasses and his scarf covers the bottom part of his sharp scruffy chin.

Taji back up a bit "n-no! You could be one of dylon friends who wants to hurt me more!! Stay away!!!"

He furrows his brows and helps her up to her feet anyway "well... Dylon, is probably a kid. I'm 42 and trying to help you Hun..."

Taji wabbles on her feet with small scraps on her knees and many bruises, they probably aimed at her legs so she couldn't get away easily. "S-so...you don't know who dylon is?..."

He shakes his head and looks her over "no? Why should I know him?" His smile is sweet and kind as he pulls out a hankerchief "here"

Taji timidly takes it and uses it "th-thank you...he's the principals son. Normaly Everyone knows him. I guess some don't. Are you waiting for your k-kid?"

He nods with a smile looking her over "yeah, but I have a feeling my son skipped. Do... Do you mind if I help you some more sweetheart? You seem pretty beat up...."

"y-yeah....this is sadly normal...but I don't mind your help...I really appreciate it- oh what's your name?"

He gets a flush on his face and grins "eh, it doesn't matter- I'm Russel. Let's get you cleaned up and patched up"

Russ furrows his brows and laughs "I don't live very close, and I'm pretty sure that's be awkward. I'll bring you to the gas station and get some supplies"

"Oh okay...you mentioned you have a son? What's his name? Maybe I know him?" She asks

Russ walks with her and laughs "oh, it's... Zack. Looks a bit like this ol' mug? But with freckles?"

"Hmm Zack?...I don't think I know him...what grade is he in?"

"He's a freshmen" he laughs petting his parted bangs to the side and getting to the gas station "you probably don't know him"

"I guess not...I'm sure he's probably really nice. Especially if you're his dad. I'm sure his mom is very nice too. Well is she?"

Russ frowns going inside and holding the door for her "eh.... Im not on good terms with his mom... It's why I don't think he's at school today. She takes him out a lot."

"oh...I'm sorry...do you have any other kids?"

He snorts picking out some bandages, ointment, and wet wipes- then sneaks a box of twinkies and some pocky "I got lots of kids"

"oo! Can I meet them? It would be nice to have some friends"

Russ laughs checking out, then goes out to the curb to sit down with a wince at his back as it pops and cracks "aaugh- oh... I'm not as young as I used to be.... Eh, you'll meet em probably. I've been all over"

"that will be cool. I'll be sure to tell them how nice you were...thank you again..." She says sitting next to him

He smiles starting to tend to her injuries. His left wrist clicks under his glove with little mechanical wurrs