part 7

Taji smiles and continues to stay awake

Russ snorts and his breathing falters for a second as he sleeps. It's a nice little part of asthma

It can turn into sleep apnea

Taji doesn't really think to much about it and just Hope's he'll be okay

The morning comes with Russ rolling over a little disturbing the cat and getting batted in the face "Uh-UaaAAUGH!"

"SIMON YOU BASTARD"

Taji has bags under eyes and jolts awake and rubs them with a groan "ugh..."

Russ sighs rubbing his face where he got batted "ugh... I don't wanna go to school... I think I'm out. I'm gonna start up a mission and avoid it..."

Taji yawns and sits up "well we can go ahead and get my home request thingy over with.."

Russ nods rubbing his eyes "well, we better hurry before Mama Gurtie makes her rounds"

Taji doesn't bother asking who that is and get out of bed stumbling a bit since she's still very tired

Russ goes into his nightstand and hums "so, no one here is pregnant, injured to the point of sensitive, or concussed, right?"

Taji nods "yeah except for RJ"

"well, he isn't in this room." He fishes out a remote control like for a TV but with way more buttons and little switches "ooh my prototype. Ugh, so manual...''

"Oh...what's that?" She asks

He starts to fiddle with the controls on it and aims to the floor "this, my sweet little companion, is my Universal Remote, as 14 year old me put it. It's kinda wonky and I've built better ones since then, but it'll do"

"Ooh. Okay then" she smiles

He shoots a portal beam out and opens up a blue and white swirling rip in space and time. Russ grins, then gasps hearing his door open "Run!"

Taji nods and runs into the portal

Russ hops in and manages to flip upside down in the portal until they fly out the other side in the bedroom of the ship. Taji lands on the bed. Russ isn't as lucky landing on the floor Next to the bed

Taji looks over the bed to see russ "you okay?"

He's on his back and looks like he's about to scream ".... Yeeeeah, fine- finefinefinefine....hsssh... AHHHH fine"

Taji frowns and gets off the bed and helps him up

He winces as she helps him and groans flopping on the bed "ow... Okay, it hurt a little"

Taji smiles gently "sorry." She says and yawns

Russ sighs looking up at the ceiling "CLAIRE, autopilot us up out of here, but no portals. RJ is still very very with child"

"Yeeeeees Master Avaryce.."

Taji smiles gently and sits on the bed looking like she's very tired, which she really is

He looks up at her and smiles "c'mon, get in here and cuddle me. You look like you could use some z's"

"I-im not that tired...I just need to wake up..." she says even though she stayed up most of the night

Russ deadpans "were up in space and my time is essentially paused. You have no obligations to uphold that require you to stay awake. Therefore, Nappy nap nap"

Taji frowns "b-but...I'll just have that nightmare again..."

"not if I hold you tight and kiss you a bunch~" he offers stretching out his arms and gives her a smirk