Chapter 1

-Cato's POV-
The victory tour is going to start soon. That means I am going to marry Clove soon. It is all so exciting as Cettle would say.
The whole prep team is here and making us look presentable. They wash my hair three times. They comb through it for half an hour but I don't even have much hair. When they are finally done I get dressed in the outfit placed on the bed for me.
It's a white suit with a black shirt underneath and a crimson tie. I am thinking Clove's dress will be a crimson color.
I am finally ready after hours of preparation. I sit in the living room of our house watching Elm play with her new blocks. She picks up the circle and tries to put it in the square whole.
"No silly." I laugh.
I guide her hand over to the right hole,"You put it in there."
She giggles and screams a baby scream. She screams when she is happy and it startles me when she does.
I sit back on the couch to watch her as she places the triangle in the triangular hole. She claps her hands then takes the next block. I smile as I sit back thinking about how backwards Clove and I did things.
We moved in with each other, adopted a child,and soon we are getting married.
Clove walks down the steps in a sparkly crimson dress. It is very tight and I can see her perfect curves. She has gotten used to wearing high heels so she walks downstairs easily in her crimson heels.
Everything is crimson. Our district takes our color very seriously. It's only because of the way we careers are. We take everything too seriously.
"You look beautiful." I smile.
"Thank you." She giggles.
"Alright you two we are stepping out that door in exactly two minutes." Cettle squeals.
"You two hold hands and wave to the cameras." Enobaria instructs us.
"That's what we were going to do anyway." Clove mumbles.
I grab her hand,"Let's go."
We walk up to the door waiting for our cue. Cettle sends us out,all we see are lights and cameras. We smile and wave like we were supposed to. I put my hand down and so does Clove.
"Hello Cato and Clove!" Caesar greets us.
"Hey Caesar!" Clove exclaims.
"How are you guys." Caesar asks.
"We are doing fine and yourself?" I inquire.
"Great. Now tell me, how is the wedding planning going?" Caesar wonders.
"We have gotten a lot done. After the tour we plan on having the wedding." Clove explains.
"Am I invited?" Caesar jokes.
"Of course, Caesar." I respond
"Alright we'll see you when the tour starts!" Then every light shuts off and the cameramen turn off the cameras.
"Good job." Brutus says.
We nod our heads in thanks then we are guided to the train station.
As always, it is filled with goodies from the Capitol. There are the heavenly cakes and the much too strong wine. There are the breads that have the sweetest tastes. I pick up a cake that is round with a whole in the middle. It has some sort of glaze all around it. I've had one before,when we were on our way to the Capitol.
"What is this called again?" I ask.
"A donut,sweetie." Clove answers.
"Oh yeah." I say biting into the donut.
On the train I eat donuts all the time. I just never can remember what they are called. Donuts. I need to tell the baker in district two to figure out how to make these.
I finish up the donut then head to my room. I walk in and flop on the bed.
We're going to district twelve first. I don't want to see Katniss' family. The poor little girl named Prim. Clove killed her. And Peeta's family, I killed him.
I sigh as the door opens.
"What's wrong babe?" Clove asks.
"Clove, do you know what district we are going to first?"
"Yeah, twelve." She responds.
"We killed them." I sigh.
"I know baby. I was the one who killed Katniss and I was there when you killed Peeta." She lays down next to me on the bed.
"I'm sure it's happened before. This guilty feeling of the victors. But there is nothing we can do about it now." Clove continues.
"Yeah. Your right." I kiss Clove in the top of the head.
"How long will it take to get there?" Clove wonders.
"Cettle said we will arrive there tomorrow." I answer.
"Okay." She responds.
"I love you. Did you know that?" I say.
"I did. I love you. Is that a shock?" She laughs.
"A little." I kiss her lips for a quick second before laying down again.