🥀 Chapter 3 🥀

A/N: So if anyone is confused, my name is just pronounced "Rain" or "Rainbow" , it's not something weird like "R-qu-nbow" or something like that, haha! ⚠️Mentions of Sexual Abuse⚠️
————-————-————-————-————
"...I love you, Darryl."
Darryl's POV

Darryl didn't think he had heard that correctly.
"Y-You...love me?"

"Yes...I don't know why I'm telling you this now, but I do. I-It's okay if you don't like me back, I-"

At that moment, Darryl pulled Zak in, and kissed him. Zak was stiff at first, but then melted into it.

Darryl pulled away. "Does that answer the question?"

Zak nodded furiously, too startled and sheepish to talk. Darryl chuckled, and then picked up the smaller boy, putting him into Darryl's bed. Darryl then laid beside him. And kissed him on his forehead.

"I love you, muffin. Goodnight~"

"goodnight.." Zak said, already halfway asleep.

Time-skip because why not

Darryl woke up with Zak cuddled up next to him. When he looked down at Zak, something caught his eye. In his sleep, Zak's right sleeve had been pulled up, showing a cut, bloody surface covered in bandaids. He decided to confront him about it later, and he just petted Zak's hair while scrolling through twitter.
About half an hour later, at about 10:30, Zak woke up too.

"Good morning you sleepy muffin!" Darryl said, smiling at Zak and ruffling his hair.

"Good morning, Dari..." Zak said sleepily.

"That's a cute nickname!"

"Thaaaank you.."

"Let's go get some breakfast, yeah?" Darryl said, slowly getting up.

"Waffles?" Zak said, obviously wanting waffles.

"Of course!" Darryl replied, picking Zak up bridal style and carrying him into the kitchen.

No POV

Darryl placed Zak on the couch, so that he could sleep more if he wanted to. Darryl then got to work on the waffles. He got out his waffle maker, and the pancake mix. He cracked some eggs, and poured some milk into the powder and then whisked it together. He then poured the batter into the waffle burner and got out plates. He had made enough batter for two waffles each. He made them all, and picked the best two for Zak.

"Zak, do you want any syrup?" Darryl asked, but Zak was already asleep. He want over to Zak, and shook his arm a bit.

"Hey, you sleepy muffin. Breakfast is almost ready."

"Baaaad, gimme 5 more minutesss" Zak said, rolling over to them realize he rolled into his right side, turning back over.

"..Did you just call me my username?" Darryl asked with a smile.

"Sorryyyyyyy"

"It's fine, but let's go eat some breakfast!"

They got up and sat at the table.

"Do you want syrup, Zak?"

"Yes pleaseeeee!"

"Hey Zak, can I ask you something?"

"Uh...sure." Zak said nervously.

"Do you....cut yourself?" Darryl asked, not knowing if it's the right thing to ask.

"N-No.....haha...no, I-I don't...." Zak replied, trying to lie but failing.

"Oh, okay. It's just that I noticed some...cuts and bandages all over your arm this morning." Darryl said, sternly looking at the younger male.

"F-FINE! I do. Happy now?" Zak said, starting to cry.

"Awe, Zak....don't cry...I'm sorry...I shouldn't have asked....-"

Then, Zak decided to pull Darryl in for another kiss. It then turned into a make-out. Zak started pulling off Darryl shirt, Darryl doing the same to Zak. Darryl then starts kissing Zak's neck when....

Flashback
⚠️
Zak is 9 years old, and is playing with Legos. He hears his dad get home, and he runs to his room and hides. He hears his dad walking to his room, and he throws open the closet where Zak is hiding. He smells strongly of alcohol and weed.

"Leeets play a gaaaaameee..."

"O-Okay..."

He grabs his father's hand, and his father sits down on his bed.

"C'meeere..."

Zak walked over and his dad grabbed him. His dad then started unbuckling his belt...

————————————————————————
🥀 Thanks for reading! I ended it on a cliffhanger, but I'm not gonna continue the cliffhanger because nO lEmOnS hErE!!
-Love, Rqin 🥀