Just Something I Noticed

Disclaimer: This will really make much more sense if you have watched Avatar: The Last Airbender. If you haven't, GO WATCH IT BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING AND ON NETFLIX NOW.

So, we all remember that time in Season 2 when Callum, having lost his ability to do magic, is feeling pretty down because he would like to help a dragon, but has no way to help (until he resorts to dark magic later on in the episode). He gives Rayla a speech about how he has no special abilities and he says, 'I can't do anything!'

Would you believe that's not the first time he's said those words? Jack De Sena, Callum's voice actor, has worked with Aaron Ehasz before, on the beloved Avatar: The Last Airbender in which he played Sokka. There is one notable episode in Season 3 in which Sokka feels useless compared to his friends because they are all benders and he is not. And in the middle of his speech about how he feels about this, he says that exact same line!!

And what a coincidence. Callum cannot do magic so he says he can't do anything. Sokka can't bend an element so he says he cannot do anything. And yet both of them are leaders and planners and hugely relied on by their team. Don't sell yourself short, guys!

Until next time! <3

Natty xx