Three

Evie

Evie gulped as she stood outside the diner; she had taken Jackie's offer of a job and had decided to go talk to her daughter, Kim, who according to Jackie should be working now. Evie fixed her pink blouse as her sweaty hand found the doorknob; she was nervous and Evie had no idea why, she'd done millions of interviews for modeling agencies but a simple waitress job had Evie sweating bullets. She took a deep breath, this was her first job she'd be applying for without her parents influence and Evie felt as though she had something to prove— she needed to know that she could do this on her own.

Upon entering, she took in the decor of the small diner, the pristine hardwood tables covered by a red cloth, the decor on the walls, neat and casual with pictures of artwork hung up along either side. There were various biker helmets towards the front which drew Evie's attention. She hadn't yet seen any bikers but they seemed to be living nearby from the constant roaring of engines she'd been hearing last night, she knew there were some in town. Evie's gaze suddenly shifted to the blonde behind the register. She was cute, short and petite; her hair tied in a bun as tendrils fell onto her forehead. She was wearing jeans and a white t-shirt with a waitress sash across her waist, she was totally invested in what she was doing because she hadn't seen Evie yet.

Evie cleared her throat which made the woman look up at her wide eyes, "I'm so sorry for that wait, what can I get you?" She asked.

Evie smiled, as she wiped her hands on the black pants she'd worn, "I, um— I'm looking for Kim? Jackie's daughter."

The woman smiled, "That'll be me,"

"Hi," Evie stretched her hand out, "I'm Evie, I don't know if Jackie mentioned it, I was looking for a job and I was wondering if you're still hiring," Evie watched Kim closely, even if their hair colors were different, Evie could see the similarities between mother and daughter.

Kim shook her hand gently, her green eyes seemingly scrutinizing her, "Oh the job! Of course, my mom did mention you,"

Even nodded as Kim continued, "Yeah, I'm in need of another waitress on Monday to Friday from nine to seven,"

Evie nodded.

"How's that schedule sound?" Kim asked.

"It's great,"

Kim seemed pleased, "Ever had any experience being waitress?" She asked.

Evie bit her lip, "Uh, no I haven't."

Kim smiled, "That's fine, I'll just have to run over the basics with you,"

"Why do you want this job?" Kim asked.

As Kim drilled her with questions Evie noticed her gaze surveying her carefully, and Evie realized she probably thought she looked familiar. There was a 95% chance that if Kim owned any magazines at home that Evie had been in one.

"You'll start next week," Kim concluded.

Evie stilled, "I got the job?" She asked.

Kim nodded, "Yup!"

Evie's grin widened before Kim went around back and pulled out a few sheets of paper, "Just fill out these forms and you're good to go,"

Evie nodded as she dug around in her purse for a pen before she began filling out the sheet of paper. At the end, she handed Kim her employee information as she read it over quickly, "Evie Benson," Kim smiled, "Like the model....." she trailed off before meeting Evie's eye.

"Wait a minute, the model!"

Evie bit her lip to prevent a smile from forming, "Are you that Evie Benson?"