Seven

Evie

Evie had run over their conversation a million times, constantly on replay inside her head, from the moment Saw had approached her tail wagging to the end when Skull had walked away. Of course the meeting was nothing special but Evie continued to relive it as she sat dazed on her break in the diner. She'd packed herself a cheese sandwich which calmed her raging stomach as her fellow employees made their way into the break room for lunch. A few of the girls who'd been at Pixie's on Friday night had asked her if she was okay and she'd nodded her head in thanks, others like Mariam only looked at her with a narrowed gaze and an upturned nose.

Mariam Walker was pretty, small and slender with short brown hair, brown eyes and freckles covering her nose and cheeks. She would have been a sweetheart if she wasn't so nasty to Evie. The woman  always made a point to ignore Evie when she was around and talk over her whenever she spoke. Evie knew it was jealousy— ever since Mariam had found out she was a famous model the woman had made a point to show her dislike towards her.

As they took seats beside her to eat Evie smiled as they included her in the conversation.

"I mean I knew King was an asshole but I'd never thought he'd stoop to that level," one of the girls said.

"Mhmm," they hummed in response.

"— and those horrible words he called Kim!"

"Right! A woman should be allowed to do whatever she chooses with her body and insulting Kim like that was disgusting," another commented.

"I for one can't believe Skull stepped up for you like that Evie," another girl said.

The other women nodded eagerly, "I've never seen him so angry,"

Evie blushed.

"You're basically apart of the Skull's now,"

Before Evie could reply Mariam scoffed, "It really meant nothing, he would have done it for anyone— she isn't special,"

There was silence before Mariam took her lunch and stepped out of the room, Evie watched her go, a confused look on her face as one of the girl's rested a hand on her shoulder, "Don't worry about Mariam, she's only jealous."

Evie nodded, "—but seriously, after you left Skull basically threatened King for you, it was amazing,"

Evie listened intently as the women recounted what they remembered and Evie found herself enjoying their company and gaining a new respect for Skull whom despite being distant with her she realized had cared. After her break was over Evie made her way back out front, she noticed Kim towards the left and walked towards her to talk to her friend whom had taken her back to her house with Cash and helped treat her wrist and cheek on Friday. Cash it would seem, was just as much of a mother hen as Kim as they both fawned over her injury. However, after Kim had taken her home, the other woman seemed to keep her distance from Evie while they worked.

For the majority of the week, Kim had spoken to Evie amicably but wasn't as friendly as she'd previously been. Evie furrowed her eyebrows as Kim who noticed her approach sent her a small smile before scurrying away for what seemed like the fifth time today, "Kim?" Evie asked, catching her quickly, "Is everything okay?"

Kim nodded, "Yeah, of course!"

Evie furrowed her brows, "If you say so,"