2 | the girl

s h a w n

Another day of hell. I lean against the wall in the school courtyard with my friend Max as he discusses his date with his long time girlfriend Ava. "Dude it was insane we went to the trampoline park and some kid accidentally grabbed her boob." He exclaimed. I raised my brows in amusement.

Even though Max is strange he's one of my closest friends besides Darren, Jack, and Will. We've known each other since middle school when we still drank chocolate milk everyday for breakfast. We all got an apartment together after my parents died and split the rent equally.

Somehow the conversation with Max went south and he started describing his hot passionate make out session with Ava.

"Alright" I growled. "I'm done with this conversation." "Aww is big ole Shawny just upset because he doesn't have a girlfriend? He teased. I give him a deathly stare making him put his hands up to surrender.

"Fine fine, just saying I bet a girl would make you a tad happier" He said.

A girlfriend is probably never going to happen. Sure I've slept around, hooking up with one night stands but I never felt the need or want to make someone my significant other. Its better this way. No girl to distract me or try to change me.

Out of nowhere the bell rings indicating we're late to class. Not that I care. Max and I exchanged goodbyes and we walk our separate ways.

I decide to take the long route not wanting to go to class just yet when I hear sinister laughter in the hall next to mine, along with slamming of lockers. Whip my head around the corner to see a small girl pushed up against the wall with some ass face gripping her wrists above her head.

For some reason I got angry seeing her so vulnerable. I charge towards the boys and beat their faces to a pulp. I threaten them without thought and they ran away with fear in their eyes. Bunch of pussies.

I hear crying behind me and crouch down to the girl. She isn't breathing properly which worries me. I carefully touch her arm and ask if she's okay. She flinches for a moment and her eyes open wide.

Wow. Her eyes are a beautiful golden hazel color that made me melt into the ground. Although she was crying they still shined brightly. I couldn't help but notice her frame was incredible tiny. She reminded me of a helpless child in this state.

She stared at me intensely, her eyes traveling down to the tattoos across my body. I smirk a bit as she looks very intrigued by them. All of a sudden she breathes even more heavily than before and she springs up and runs away out of my grip. "Wait!" I call out to her but she continues to sprint down the hall.

I think about going after her to see if she's okay but I stop myself. What the hell is wrong with you? Don't chase a girl you just barely met. I shake my head and make my way to class.

~~~

Chemistry can suck my ass. I laid my head down on the desk groaning as Mrs. Paige went on and on about some formula we'd be needing for the next exam. I was so lost in my thoughts I almost didn't realize that someone sat down next to me. What? I thought. No one ever dared to sit next to me.

I lift my head up from the desk and look to my left and there was the girl I saved earlier. She looks at me in shock but then quickly looks down and begins taking notes.