5 | cookies

a r a b e l l a

It's now Wednesday and I'm getting ready for school when I hear my phone buzz. A smile appears on my face. It's a text from Shawn.

Hey princess, I was wondering if you wanted me to pick you up I noticed you walk to school?

Should I? I mean he's already driven me multiple times I guess another wouldn't matter. I send him a message telling him that he could pick me up before heading downstairs.

My mom was finishing up her breakfast bagel. She was wearing her usual work attire.

"Hey sweetie." She said taking a sip of orange juice.

"Hi mom." I run my hands through my hair nervously. "Um a friend of mine offered to give me a ride to school is that alright?"

She looked at me with a skeptical look thinking it over.

"Well is she a good friend of yours?"

I clear my throat. "Y-yeah I met them on my first day actually." Please don't ask anymore questions. I cross my fingers behind my back.

She says yes as long as I trusted..."her."

My mom leaves for work thankfully before Shawn could get here.

I hear a knock on the front door and jump.

I take a deep breath and open the door and standing on my patio was Shawn looking insanely mesmerizing.

"H-hi." I couldn't help but smile at him.

He meets my gaze and then scans me up and down. "You look gorgeous angel."

h e r  o u t f i t

"T-thank you." My cheeks were on fire. "S-so do you." And I really meant it.

We make it to school a little early than our usually arrival time. We start walking into the building and Ava and Max catch up to us from behind.

"Hey guys what's up." Max asks wrapping one arm around Shawns shoulder as they do that bro handshake thing.

"Just another day in this lovely prison but it's cool at least I'm stuck with a sweet girl." He looks over at me, well down at me, and smirks.

Okay wow is it hot in here?

Ava circles around next to me. "You two are so adorable." I blush yet again. "Anyways me and Max were talking about the football game this weekend and Arabella you should definitely come with us it'll be fun!" She says with excitement.

She sees that I look down at my shoes as we walk and tries to convince me.

"Oh come on Arabella the games are great and we usually feast afterwards. You can't say no to food at least."