ten.

+ chicken nuggets +

"Lucinda, could you stay behind please?" Lupin asked as I was about to walk out of the class, Gideon and Cho turning to look at me as I turned back to Lupin, who was moving the wardrobe to the back of the class. "I'll meet you guys in the Great Hall" I said to them, earning nods from both of them as I smiled, a bit upset that I was going to be late to lunch, just from the fact that I knew Jack was going to eat all the chicken nuggets before I could get there.

I walked over to Lupin, everyone else filling out of the room as I held my book against my chest, my back handing off of my shoulder as Lupin leaned against his desk, looking over at me. "You can't call me Lucy, not many people call me Lucinda, sir" I said to him, earning a small chuckle as he looked down at the ground, nodding his head.

"I will keep that in mind" he said to me as I smiled at him, looking around the room to see the last few people leave. "Is everything okay, professor?" I asked him as he looked up at me, nodding his head as he set his wand down on the desk. "Yes, yes, everything is fine" he said to me as I nodded my head at him, using one of my hands to push my back higher up on my shoulder. "Can you tell me what your Boggart turned into?" he asked me as I let out a small breath, not wanting to explain it to a professor that I had barely even spoken to before. "My mother, is an auror" I said to him as he nodded his head at me, my hand tightening the grip I had on my book.

"You're Adeline's daughter?" he asked me as I stared at him for a moment, confused on how he knew my mother's name. "We went to Hogwarts together" he clarified to me after he had seen joe confused I was, making me make out an exclamation. "Oh, right" I said, not knowing what else to say to the fact he knew my mother.

"I didn't realise you were quite as old as you are" he said to me as I nodded my head, a small smile on my face. "You were in the same year as her?" I asked, pushing my hair behind my ear as he nodded his head at me, crossing his arms over his chest. "Yes, we were friends" he said to me as I nodded my head, clearing my throat quickly as I moved my hand holding my book down to my side, holding it against my leg. "I'll have to mention that you're teaching here in my next letter" I said to him as he let out a small laugh, nodding his head as he scratching the back of his neck.

"Well, tell her I say hello" he said to me before looking down at his wristwatch quickly, pulling his robe back so he could see it. "I don't want to keep you from your lunch, I will see you tomorrow" he said to me, motioning towards the door as I nodded my head, letting out a small laugh. "I want to get there before someone finishes all the chicken" I told him as he smiled at me, nodding his head.

"I remember them being good" he said to me as J started walking away, stopping at the door as I turned around, giving him a small smile. "See you later, sir" I said to him before leaving the classroom, basically running down the empty hall towards the Great Hall.

!

"What did he want?" Catherine asked as I sat down in the busy Great Hall, everyone chattering as they ate lunch in the middle of a busy school day. I dropped my bag into the floor next to my feet, looking over at her as I shrugged my shoulders quickly. "Apparently he knew my mother at Hogwarts" I told everyone, Odin drinking a bowl of soup slowly as he looked over at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"They were in the same year" I added with a shrug, reaching forward and grabbing a roll, ripping it as I put a small part into my mouth. "He recognised her from your Boggart?" Gideon asked from my side as I nodded my head, taking a bite out of the warm roll as I covered my mouth quickly. "Yeah" I said to him as Gideon raised his eyebrows in surprise, looking down at his plate that had a sandwich on it.

"You think he knew the prisoner as well then?" Cho asked as I looked over at her, furrowing my eyebrows as I swallowed the food in my mouth quickly. "What?" I asked her as we all turned to face her, her eyes shifting down from her plate to see us all staring at her. "You know, remember when you said that Sirius Black was in the same year as your mum" she added, elaborating as I nodded my head at her, understanding where she was going with it.

"That means that Lupin should have known him too" she said as I shrugged my shoulders at her, my mother never having mentioned a Remus Lupin before. "Maybe, I didn't ask" I replied, Cho taking a bite from her sandwich as she shrugged her shoulders at me as well. "I'll mention Lupin to my mother, see if I can get any information from her" I said as I saw Jack teaching foeard and grabbing hand fulls of chicken nuggets from the large plate in the middle of the table, his mouth already full with them.

"Stop, I want some" I said to Jack, reaching forward to grab some as she slapped my hand away, swallowing quickly as she shoved a few more into his mouth. "Get away" he said to me as I tried to grab a few more again, Jack just hitting my hand away from him again. "You're going to eat the whole plate" I complained as Jack nodded his head at me, pushing two more into his mouth, moving the plate closer to him to stop anyone else getting any.

"Because they are good" he said as I managed to get one that had fallen onto the table, making me pop it into my mouth before he could snatch it off of me. He picked up the whole plate as he stood up, holding it close to his chest as he stepped over the bench. "Jack" I shouted at the boy, a few people from the other tables turning to look at me as Jack started walking away. "I just want a few" I said to him as he moved down the table, walking to a group of 4th years who were on the quidditch team who were at the other end of the table.

"Tough" he shouted at me as he sat down with them, making me sigh as I grabbed a sandwich from the middle of the table sulkily, knowing that if I wanted to get some chicken nuggets that I would have to get to lunch before Jack did tomorrow.

——

A/N: hello, here's another chapter for you, i'm not sure why lupin seems so ominous in the chapter I didn't do it purposely I promise
please vote and comment and i will see you soon

A/N: hello, here's another chapter for you, i'm not sure why lupin seems so ominous in the chapter I didn't do it purposely I promise please vote and comment and i will see you soon