twenty-one.

+ drying spell +

"That was insane" Jack shouted as we ran back into the castle, our cloaks dripping water all over the marble floor as a 1st year fell trying to get up the stairs. I let out a deep breath, pushing my hold off of my head as I ran my hand through my damp hair, shaking off my hands which were almost numb from the cold. Filch was standing at the door holding a mop, cursing all the students who were dragging all this water and mud into the clean floors.

"You think he's dead?" Catherine asked us as she shook her head of wet brown hair, as she pushed the hold of her cloak down. "He can't be, Dumbledore wouldn't let him be" Gideon said as he shook his hand in his hair, which was also dripping as his hood kept blowing off of his head. "Ugh" I said as I lifted up my arm, about a cup of water falling from under my sleeve. I pulled my wand out of my pocket, angling it down on myself.

"Ventius" I said, flicking my wand as it shot out a gust of hot air at me, crying off my robes and leaving me in warm clothes as if they just came from the drying. "Me, please" Catherine said to me as I pointed my wand at her, saying the spell once again as it dried her off. The rest of the group grabbed their own wands, realising they could do the same spell as they all dried themselves off too, as well as a few other students who knew the spell doing it around us.

"Don't just stand here all day there's nothing enough room for the whole school" Filch screeched over the loud chatter of everyone as a few people started making their way up the marble staircase, down the spiral stairs or through the door that went to the dungeons that led to their respective common rooms. "He doesn't realise we'll just be dragging mud everywhere right?" Jack asked as we walked up the marble staircase, avoiding all the wet -at years running up around us.

"He'll be mopping for days" Cho said before squealing, her foot slipping on a small puddle as she fell, all of us putting out her hands to try and catch her, which we weren't able to do as she landed on her side. "Who decided to make these stairs marble, we live in Scotland" she said angrily as she grabbed Odins hand who helped her stand up, the girl gripping onto her side as we walked up the stairs slowly, branching away from all the Gryffindors as we pushed through a wooden door that held a shoe corridor.

"You alright?" I asked her as she nodded her head, screwing up her face as she held her hip with her hand, hobbling along beside me. "Yeah, just hit my hip" she said as we rounded the corner where the spiral staircase sat that led up to the portrait hole that the common room sat behind. Having to walk up all these stairs multiple times a day was extremely exhausting at first, but we had all gotten used to by now in the past four years.

The portrait hole was still swung open from the group of girls in front of us as we just walked through it quickly, knowing that if you were hot on the person in front of you heels you wouldn't have to answer a riddle. "Can you please stop dragging water through the common room?" Penelope Clearwater, the head girl of this year, shouted as she stood next to the sofa, her wand outstretched as she shot drying spells at younger students who couldn't go one themselves yet.

She shot one as a smaller boy who was so small that the spell itself pushed him back, making him lose his footing and falling to the ground. "You're going to kill them before they even get dried off" Jack shouted at Penelope who shot him a stern look, which didn't affect him as he laughed it off, shaking his head. "She's dating Percy Weasley" I said to them as I pulled my cloak off, swerving through the hoards of younger students who were waiting to get dried off by a spell.

"He can tolerate the sound of her squeaky voice?" Jack asked me as he rolled his eyes, folding his own cloak over his arm as we made our way to the boys dorm stairs. We often hung out in the boys dorm, because they boys couldn't even get up the stairs to the girls dormitories before the stairs started moving like an escalator so you never actually moved from your spot. "Jack" Cho said to the boy, reaching to slap him in the arm for being rude.

"She's really nice" Cho said to him as we walked up the stairs, quite a few people opting out of Penelope's drying spell and still dragging their wet cloaks into their rooms. "Stop hitting me, you can just talk to me you know" Jack said as he clutched onto his arm, opening up the door to the room as we all shuffled in, the room laid out the exact same as our one. The boys had hung up posters all over the walls, some of quidditch teams and a few that Jack had brought which were muggle, so they didn't move like the others.

We spent the afternoon in the boys room, laughing and eating a box of ever flavoured beans, taking it in turns to try and find the grossest flavour we could find, which happened to be dragon snot.

——

A/N: hey guys, this is just a little filler chapter, sorry if you found it boring but I just needed something to break up the important chapters lol
please don't forget to vote and comment and I will see you soon

A/N: hey guys, this is just a little filler chapter, sorry if you found it boring but I just needed something to break up the important chapters lol please don't forget to vote and comment and I will see you soon