🦋Common Sense🦋 (Part 2)

Nini's Pov

I heard a door open.

A warmth came up beside me

It was Ricky, I could tell. He had a presence to him that made me feel at home. I can hear him talking to Momma D, as he grabbed my hand.

"Is she going to be ok?"

"We have no way of knowing, The doctor said she could be in a coma for over 2 months."

If only I could wake up and tell him I'm ok. But according to what I'm hearing, I'm not.

"She has a broken rib, a concussion and other small injuries. The car hit us from the side right where she was." Momma C said.

I could hear him start crying after she told him. It broke my heart hearing his sobs. And all I could do was sit there and listen to him.

Ricky's Pov

It broke my heart. Seeing her like this. Seeing her here, Seeing her hurting. They made me go home.

But I couldn't.

I couldn't go home, I couldn't sleep in my bed. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep at all that night. So I went home, grabbed some stuff, and skate- boarded to Nini's house.

I sat on her bed, grabbing my notebook.

And I started writing.

*One Month Later*

Still Ricky's Pov

I was still seeing her everyday.

I went to the hospital everyday, skipping school, calling out for a family emergency, having the drama group bring me my work. They come, every other day. Eventually I became distant from them.

But today, it is just me and her.

Just me and Nini.

I decided I would try something different today. So I came in with my Guitar today.

I sat down and started strumming.

'Common sense tells me kiss the girl goodbye

Common sense tells me leave it all behind

Common sense says the girl's not worth my time

But common sense ain't common when you come to mind'

Nini's Pov

I heard singing. And then I knew who it was. It was Ricky. The melody didn't sound familiar.

And then I realized.

He had written me a song.

'Common sense told me she was not worthwhile

Common sense said don't go the extra mile

Common sense said go back and reconcile

But common sense forgot about her smile'

I listened closely to the lyrics. All I wished was to wake up now and tell him I was ok and I was going to be ok.

'Second chances are thought of to be weak

Second chances in volumes do they speak

Second chances aren't given usually

But a second chance is all I really need'

Ricky's Pov

I glanced up at her and it sounded like she was listening.

So I kept singing.

'I think I love you

I want to love you

Please let me love you

I wish to show you how to love'

And then I sang the last verse.

'Common sense tells me kiss the girl goodbye

Common sense tells me leave it all behind

Common sense says the girl's not worth my time

But common sense ain't common when you come to mind

No, common sense ain't common when you come to mind'

"I love you Nini"

And I kissed her forehead, and started walking away.

I heard a faint sound and whipped around.

Nini's Pov

"I love you too Ricky"

I saw him running back up to me and grab my hand.

"Nini, are you actually awake? Are you ok? Do I need to get the doctor?"

I giggled, "Ricky I'm ok at the moment, Just stay here with me please."

"Ok Nini, I'm here, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon." He was faintly crying.

"I loved your song, thank you for staying here with me."

"You heard me? You knew I was here the whole time?"

"Yeah, I tried to wake up countless times but I just couldn't"

He curled up next to me and we stayed like that. I felt him kiss my head.

"I'm glad you're awake now."

I smiled at him and we sat like that for the rest of the day.

Meg's Note:

Hellooo anyone who is actually reading this. I have no idea why but I cried while writing this so yeah. Don't sue me if you cry. Anyway, What kind of one- shot would you like next? I have no problems with writing about Jolivia, but if I do or if someone suggests it, I am in no way Shipping them. Every chapter will have music at the top (Most likely a Olivia or Josh original).