Chapter Two | Destiny

"Hello love," I jumped as I heard the smooth British accent and sat up, looking around to see that a man was standing at the edge of the couch staring at me with an amused grin plastered on his face. He was tall, around six feet I would guess, maybe taller, had dark brown, almost black hair, stubble that perfectly captivated his face, and deep brown eyes that seemed like they were staring their way into my soul, "If you were so hungry for sex, dear, you really could've just asked. No need to force your way into my home," he said and I suddenly understood why there were no people up here.

Oh, my God. This is someones house and I definitely just crashed it and now he thinks I want to have sex with him?! What have you gotten yourself into Angel!? How the Hell are you going to get out of it?

As my thoughts were racing, the man, who already had his black button up buttoned down enough for me to see his chest, had started crawling towards me on the couch, and I felt my heart rate raise. He was attractive, but I certainly was not a person to have sex with random attractive strangers!

"Wait!" I blurted, causing him to stop as his grin was replaced with confusion. I looked around and gulped before hopping off the couch, "I am so, so very sorry sir, I did not realize someone lived here. I-I thought it was a part of the club. I'll be on my way," as he listened to my explanation he sat back, watching me in complete concentration as I slid on my heels before brushing my dress down and making a b-line for the door.

Before I could even make it three steps, he grabbed onto my upper arm gently.

Oh no, Angel. He's a rapist.

"Please, accept my apologies, lovely," I turned to him, shocked.

"S-sorry?" I stuttered as he stood from the sofa, running a fist through his hair.

"I assumed you were one of my crazed fans who were always wanting to be seduced, and quite frankly you have a perfectly shaped body. I must have went a bit wild thinking about ravishing it. Please, allow me make it up to you," he explained. On a scale of one to ten on the "sorry I made a mistake" claims, I couldn't tell if that was the best or the worst.

"Um, you really don't have to do that," I said and let out a soft and slightly awkward laugh.

"Let me at least get you a drink," he said and I shook my head.

"I don't do alcohol very well," I said, to which he hummed.

"That may be a problem. Your name then?" He asked. I sighed and finally gave in. It couldn't hurt that much to give him that, right?

"Angel," I said, finally catching on to the irony that was my name. He seemed to perk up as a light crossed his eyes and he let out a chuckle.

"How ironic," he laughed. I cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Why's that?" I questioned.

"My name is Lucifer. Lucifer Morningstar," he said. Then, it clicked.

"You can't miss him."

"There's a new club opened nearby."

This was the Devil I was supposed to be looking after. My breath hitched in my throat as he halted his laughing, now looking more and more concerned.

"Are you all right?" He asked and I nodded.

"Mhm," I mumbled and nodded, forcing a smile on my face as I continued to inch my way to the elevator doors.

"Are you sure? You've paled considerably-"

"Yeah, yeah. No, I'm fine. Just, uh," I felt the doors behind me as I felt around on the wall for the buttons, continuing to lie to his face, "You know I'm just feeling a bit sick. Think it's just the cocktails I had earlier. Guess I should really be getting home," I felt the button and pushed it, hearing the ding of the bell as the doors opened behind me.