Chapter Five | Detective Lucifer

We made our way downstairs as Lucifer called up a friend of his, a detective for the LAPD named Chloe Decker. I just wanted to leave. I hated parties as it was, but a death was way out of my league. All I wanted to do was go home and eat ice cream with Viv.

"Lucifer," I whispered to him as I followed him around the crime scene. He was talking to a few of the people working on the case, and Chloe seemed very sick of him being here, "Lucifer, I think we should go," I said louder to get his attention. This time, he turned to look at me.

"Of course not! We have to help solve the case. I do an excellent job at that, wouldn't you say, Detective?" he asked Chloe.

"No, no, I think I agree with your friend. Maybe you should go home and relax for a bit," she said and I smiled and nodded. Lucifer looked taken aback.

"I'm helping. You forget that my expertise is finding the right people to punish, Detective. It's what I do. Or, uh, did, at least," Lucifer explained himself as I grabbed onto his arm, not wanting him to abandon me again and also wanting to yank him out of this place and back to LUX. Chloe looked at us; him with a specifically judgemental look.

"You want to do something? Then help account for everyone at the party."

"Oh," Lucifer said as Chloe continued.

"Coroner puts the time of death between 1:00 and 3:00 am. Actually, is there someone who can vouch for both of your whereabouts at the time?" she said and I felt anxiety creep up on me. I knew I was innocent, but I didn't have an alibi. I'd been in a room alone almost the whole night. Shit. Lucifer looked down at me as I could only imagine my face had gone pale and my grip on him had tightened, before quickly looking back up at Chloe.

"Several someones, in fact," he said, taking his arm out of my grip just to wrap it around me. I looked up at him in shock before back to Chloe. He wasn't lying, but the way he was saying it made it seem like I had been with him all night.

"So, you're each other's alibis?" Chloe asked and Lucifer shook his head.

"Don't just ask us, ask them too," He nodded to the three girls he actually slept with the night before, who were all standing outside speaking to other officers, "only, we were all a little intoxicated to be honest. The recollection might be a little blurry."

"Yep," I agreed quickly and forced a smile to my cheeks, "I hardly even remember having sex with him."

Okay, too far Angel.

Chloe seemed disgusted by this entire conversation and Lucifer seemed intrigued. Chloe soon changed the subject and went to talk to the man who asked Lucifer for the favor. His name was Ty, and apparently Lucifer had an effect on him last night. Poor guy. We looked at a picture of the woman who was in the pool from last night and Chloe asked us all if we recognized anyone around her in the photo. I, obviously, didn't know anyone-neither did Ty, and Lucifer immediately started stereotyping most of the people in the photo.

Chloe, now fed up with everything Lucifer was doing, stuck us outside with the witnesses, which was something Lucifer definitely did not want. As soon as Chloe had left, I cleared my throat and looked up at Lucifer, who looked down at me.

"I would like to go home, Luci," I said, trying my hardest to be confident as I straightened my back up and stuck out my chest with my hands on my hips. He looked between me and the door Chloe was just standing at with a heavy sigh. Finally, he looked back down at me and began searching through his pockets, fishing out the keys to his car.

"Here, go wait for me, I won't be but a minute," he dropped them into my hands and quickly rushed off past me. I scoffed and stuffed the keys in my pocket before following him. Last time he said anything like that, he disappeared on me for hours. I wasn't going to lose him this time.

I followed him to a bedroom and waited in the hallway for him. When he emerged, he had a cell phone with a pink case wrapped around it. I sighed and pinched my temples.

"Lucifer, why do you have a pink phone?" I asked.

"I believe it's our recently departeds phone," my eyes widened as I looked back at him to see him tapping away on the screen. I didn't even notice Chloe and a few other people walk into the bedroom as I was too enwrapped in seeing what Lucifer was looking for on the phone. All of a sudden, moans started coming from the speakers and Chloe came out of the bedroom, getting mad at us for having the phone before looking to see what it was. Turns out the video was of Ty and the dead girl having sex, obviously before she was dead. They arrested Ty and when Lucifer tried to tell Chloe she had the wrong guy she got even angrier. I tried to vouch for Lucifer, believing he had good intentions, but she kicked us out anyways.

We were sitting in Lucifer's car and he hadn't even started it, seeming to be in deep thought, before I broke the silence.

"Was he a friend of yours?" I asked, breaking him out of his trance.

"What do you mean?" he asked me.

"Ty, was he a friend or just someone you knew?" I rephrased and he chuckled gently before starting his car.

"I know a lot of people, Angel. I hardly consider anyone as friends anymore," and for the rest of the drive it was pretty silent. He dropped me off at my home and I expected him to walk me up the path again like he did the other night, but he drove off almost as soon as I was out of the car. I looked after him with a soft sigh before walking to the door and inside. I saw Viv sitting on the couch, and at the sound of the door opening and closing, she jumped up and almost parkoured her way over all our furniture to capture me in a big hug.

"Why haven't you been answering your phone! I called you like twenty bajillion times!" she shouted and I pulled out my phone from my back pocket, then remembered that I fell in the pool with it. It was entirely dead, when I tried to turn it on, it didn't even show me the dead battery screen.

"I fell in a pool," I said, smiling awkwardly.

"It's all right," she snatched it out of my hand, "We'll just put it in some rice overnight. All will be better tomorrow," she set it on the counter before sitting on the island stools with the backs of the stools in front of her as she rested her elbows on them and stared at me with innocent eyes.

"What?" I asked, knowing something was up.

"Aren't you going to tell me about your date?"

Oh, my God...