Chapter Three | Date?

"Viv!" I shouted in disgust after walking in on her and Troy-or should I say "Raguel" doing God knows what on OUR couch that we BOTH sit on. I just wanted to come home from work to peace, now I have to deal with this angel bull again. Viv quickly looked up and over the couch at me, smiling awkward.

"I thought you said you got off at 10?" she asked.

"Viv, it's 11:00 at night," I rolled my eyes and just shut the front door behind me before making my way to my room, "Whatever, I'm going to shower to get the smell of grease off me," I said and waved them both off.

I moved to Los Angeles to become a movie star. I wanted to be in the film business my whole life. It was either that or forensics science for the police, but I couldn't stand the sight of blood. Instead, because of my extremely awkward personality and short-term memory loss, here I was as a crappy server at a crappy diner with crappy minimum wage and crappy tips. I'd thought about moving back home, but Viv on the other hand, made most of the money with her online fashion tips, and, believe it or not, she was a real estate agent when she wasn't sucking faces. I guess it just helped to sell houses when you're beautiful and can help picture every room in a house. So, she stood me on my feet and I would never have to go back to them again unless I so chose to. We met as college roommates, but I was always told I couldn't amount to anything, and she was never really interested in the whole school thing, so we both dropped out, moved in together, and here we are.

When I got out of my shower I checked my phone to see that I had two missed calls, one from an unknown number, and the other from my mom. I rolled my eyes and didn't answer either of them as I just tried to go to bed.

Or so I thought, because as soon as I walked out of the bathroom, towel wrapped around me and ready to put on pajamas and sleep, I saw a certain blond angel sitting on the edge of my bed. When he looked at me, his eyes widened before he slapped a hand over them.

"Please put some clothes on, dear Dad, woman," he quickly said as his face flushed.

"Why are you in my room!" I asked, trying not to be too loud as I made a B-Line for my clothes dresser and quickly grabbed a t-shirt, underwear, and sweatpants before running back to the bathroom to change into them. When I walked back out, he was still there, and I quickly crossed my arms over my chest.

"I wanted to know if you've located him yet. I thought you'd be home earlier," he said, some kind of slightly annoyed emotion in his voice that I did not appreciate.

"Located who? Oh, you mean the devil? You mean your brother, Raguel?" I asked, using his real name.

"So, I take that as a yes. And?" he waited for me to continue.

"And what?"

"Have you made any progress on getting him back to Hell, Angel?" Raguel asked like it should have been obvious.

"No! I literally just met him last night. He offered me a drink, drove me home, and left! I can't convince someone to go to Hell, literally, in one night!" I shouted before realizing Viv might still be out there and could hear, and decided to quiet down. Raguel sighed and nodded.

"Okay. Well, I'll be... Around, for whenever you do convince him," he said and pushed past me, walking back out to the living room. I sighed and flopped down on my bed, digging my face into the pillow.

Just as I felt myself falling asleep, I heard my door fling open and resisted the urge to look as I already knew who it was.

"Why didn't you tell me you have a date?" Viv asked and I suddenly snapped my head in her direction.

"I have a what?" I questioned, eyes wide. She looked me over and shook her head, making a "Tsk" noise repeatedly.

"Angelica, you really are forgetful," with that, she shut my door and started whispering, "There's a handsome tall man at the door. Says his name is Lucifer and you two have a date. Should I mace him?" she asked, holding up a can of pepper spray and I laughed softly.