Chapter Nine

Kitten stared out of the window trying to gaze out to the abundance of grassy fields that spread out in the back of the house, but she kept getting lost to the thoughts racing in her head.

Her two best friends, her two lovers, weren't what they say they were and the thought of what they are kept striking fear in Kitten's heart. How did she allow this for herself again?

Kitten swallowed back the vile that was rising in her throat as she thought heavily about running away. Never turning back to this mess and try to actually get something worthwhile in her life.

But Kitten had nowhere to run too. No one to call. It was just her and she was clueless to life outside of the Cortez brothers.

A knock on the door ceased her mind as she turned to her bedroom door. She could see the shadows of someone's feet underneath the door and judged by their size that it was Greg.

Kitten had nothing else she wanted to say to him. She felt sick just thinking about seeing his face. She should break up with him and save time for everyone.

This will never work out.

Greg knocked again and Kitten turned to the window and tried to ignore him.

Sighing, Greg placed Kitten's gift at her door and left to his room where Yohani sat in her robe, flicking through the channels on the television. Her eyes glossed over, looking empty.

Greg cleared his throat, not liking her ghost face, it just simply reminds him that she is unhappy.

"Nothing?" Yohani asks, sighing as she does so.

Her face never changed. She didn't even glance at him. Was it really that bad? Has he lost the both of them?

"She didn't even answer the door," Greg groans.

"This couldn't have happened at a worse time, you're leaving today Greg," Yohani tsk.

Yohani turned to Greg and slightly gasped at his hunched over body. His muscles piercing through his shirt as rubbed his temples.

The sight gave a quick reminder that this affects him too.

She tossed the remote out of her hand and crawled up behind Greg's tense body. Laying her head in the nook of his neck, she breathed in his scent.

Greg pinched the bridge of his nose, trying to get rid of his headache. He forgot all about his trip, it's been planned for weeks.

He would cancel it, but the damages to his business in Costa Rica have been to grand. Greg has to take that plane today.

"Will I be taking Kitten somewhere?" Yohani asks.

It won't be safe for either of the girls if they're home without Greg. He'll just send them to the beach house. It's not far and it won't freak Kitten out.

"A car will be coming for the both of you to take you to the beach house across the bridge, for as long as I will be gone the two of you will be there," Greg informs Yohani before standing up, leaving her arms.

He'll find a way to fix this from so far away.

Yohani bit the inside of her cheek to distract herself from Greg's cold shoulder. She knew he doesn't mean it, he's just stuck in his thoughts, but she always wish he could be a little more open.

As Greg stepped into the shower, Yohani crawled over to the notepad on their bedside dresser and scribbled a little note for Kitten. Ripping the page out, she folds it before tiptoeing into the hallway and sliding the note under Kitten's door.

Even though Greg and Kitten relationship is hanging by a thread, Yohani knew there was still a chance for her, there has to be.

Her and Greg have gone through their fair share of girls trying to create the perfect three-way relationship and at this point Yohani doesn't think that's possible.

Greg shared the dream with Yohani, three years into their relationship, when he noticed how serious they were getting. He had the dream of having two wives in a big house to grow a big family. He said that his love was meant for multiple people and he wanted to be fulfilled in life.

It made Yohani nervous and self-conscious, it made her rethink their entire relationship. It made her think of past relationships. Maybe they didn't work out because she couldn't receive what she needed in a relationship and maybe that would be better with two people.

"Don't forget to talk to Kitten, I want her to feel comfortable here and I... screwed up," Greg calls to Yohani.

She turned to him in simple shock at how quick he is leaving for his flight. How disturbed is he?

"Everything will be well, babe, I think you did the right thing by not telling her though, imagine if she would've find out immediately she wouldn't be here," Yohani tells Greg, softly.

She made her way to him as he stood at the bottom of the stairs. Anger and disappointment clear on his face. She wanted to take it all away for him.

As Yohani wraps her arms around his neck and grazing his hair with his fingers, Greg slumped into Yohani's touch. He could often neglect himself of any touch from his girlfriend when he feels like he's doing bad in a relationship.

The last thing he wants is to break anybody's heart. Especially his girls, but he keeps finding himself in situations like this. Where someone is crying and he is the reason why?

"I just wish I could do everything right," he mumbles into Yohani's ear, burying his nose in her neck. Breathing in the soft scent of her skin.

"You're doing just fine," Yohani whispers.

He hummed and stole a kiss before making his way out the door to the car. Greg couldn't be more grateful for Yohani and their relationship, without her he would be a hopeless mess. A ghost in the wind or a stranger in the streets. Someone you wouldn't want to see daylight.

Kitten crumpled the note in her hand as she inhaled a deep breath. She was going down to talk to Yohani and hopefully things will make more sense in her mind and maybe she could actually make a decision. If she even needs to make one.

Exhaling, Kitten burst through her door as if it was a great boulder in the way and stumbled into the hallway, barely catching her footing as she clutched on to the wall. While catching her breath, Kitten noticed that there was small markings on the wall. It almost looked like tiny writing.

It was probably from Yohani from so many years ago, Kitten thought as she pushed off the wall and stepped to the kitchen.

Yohani sat there with two hot cups of chocolate, topped off with whipped cream, cinnamon, chocolate, and a toasted marshmallow. Kitten glanced through the blinds of the living room window and saw the vibrant rays of the afternoon sun dancing around. Greg was really gone for the day.

Kitten took a seat in front of Yohani and didn't waste a second slurping down the hot chocolate waiting for her, too bad she immediately spit it back in the cup when it scorched the inside of her mouth.

Yohani tsks. "I just made it!" she yelled at Kitten who giggled with drops of hot cholate running from the corners of her mouth.

Yohani giggled as well as she handed her a cloth napkin.

"I'm glad you came down, the car will be here late to pick us up," Yohani informs as she watched Kitten attempt to sip her hot chocolate.

"Car?" Kitten questioned.

"It takes us to the beach house, Greg left for work so that means we must go to the beach house," Yohani explains.

"Oh, he must be leaving for a long time for us to travel away," Kitten hums.

"Oh no, just a weekend," Yohani sighs.

Kitten hums again not fully understanding the need to leave, but kept her mind open to the dynamics of Greg and Yohani's relationship. Zach always mentioned Greg being strict with Yohani and maybe this was a personal rule.

"Greg wanted me to talk to you before we go, but we have to pack and... riding to the beach is over an hour long and it gets uncomfortable and... I don't want to feel any further away from my best friend," Yohani mumbles as she curls her feet into her chair.

"I understand, honestly, even if we never have a relationship, I don't want to lose our friendship," Kitten admits to Yohani who giggled.

The girls melted away from their trouble as they dove into conversations and laughter. If only for a few hours they had it together.