Chapter 1

Grian sat down in Sahara. He wasn't feeling that well.

'IJevin's also missing.' Iskall stepped in, taking off his coat. 'Rain's that bad, huh? Oh dear.' The rain was harsher then it has been for months. 'Ren, Stress, Xisuma, now Jevin?' Mumbo added to his statement.

'M-missing?' Grian stuttered. 'Missing.. or one of them?'

Iskall matched Grian's gaze, pausing. He looked over at Mumbo, who nodded slowly. 'Yes, there were sightings of them. Well, not IJevin nor Xisuma.' Iskall paused once more. 'They was gray, but not like the Ren and Stress sightings.  Both of them weren't  wearing a cloak or holding a scythe.'

With a chuckle, he added 'Looks like they have a hierarchy.'

Mumbo stepped to Grian's side, messing up his blonde hair. 'Come on, you like to joke around.' He gestured, before a long sigh came from his mustache. 'Are you okay?'

The question shook Grian to his very core. He looked up at one of his oldest friends. 'No. No I'm not.' As Mumbo was trying to think of something to say, Iskall walked closer to the two. 'Why's that?'

'It's my fault? Isn't it?'

Iskall and Mumbo looked at each other. MumboJumbo opened his mouth to say something, but before he could-

'It's my fault! I created the stupid Demise game, and because of some evil magic, I don't know, they're now spirits of death! They got Xisuma, they got Jevin, and for all we know another Hermit is next!-'

'Grian!'

He looked up at Mumbo, Iskall's gaze also turning to him. 'This is not your fault. You would have never known that this would have happened. If I created it, if any of us created Demise, the same thing would have happened.'

Iskall gave a brief nod, before getting elbowed by the mustached man.

'Exactly. We don't blame you, the others don't blame you, hey, those gray ones probably understand too!' Grian tried to thank them, but the memories kept flooding back. Especially him discovering what trap had finished off Xisuma.

Iskall and Mumbo turned back at each other as Grian's worried self went back into high gear, him leaning down and wrapping himself in his knees and arms. 'It's okay!' Iskall pretty much pleaded with Grian. 'It doesn't seem that Jevin died to anything trap related, so it doesn't mean he's a monochrome player!'

Lowering his tone for only him and Mumbo to hear, he questioned 'right?'

Grian gave a small smile, before turning around and getting the small amount of dirt off of his elytra. 'Don't you have something to build, anyway?' Mumbo smiled. Getting back onto his feet, Grian nodded, giving a happy 'huhm.'

Iskall had looked back out Sahara's window, eyes narrowing at the rain.

'T-that's weird.'

Mumbo looked over, as well as Grian. 'What's wrong?' The fancy fellow asked. Iskall looked back at the group,  pointing out the window. To the portal?  Grian realized. 'I just went though the portal to get here, and now it's covered in obsidian..?'

Before they could do much more talking, sounds of panic came from inside the cube. 'Stay here,' Mumbo looked at Grian, before looking up at Iskall. 'We need to help whoever that is!'