Chapter 3

'I hear that Tango and Impulse are working on disabling a whole bunch of traps set up by..' Iskall stepped in, his eyes looking at Mumbo, who was indeed narrowing his eyes at him while pointing casually at Grian who was gathering build materials.

'those... people..' he quietly added, Mumbo taking a sigh of relief.

Iskall walked over to Grian and Mumbo, looking at the builder. 'What are you building today?' 'I don't know, stress building I guess.' The mustached fellow facepalmed, directed at Iskall, who just rolled their eyes.

'How's the scar healing?' He decided to change the topic, directing at the bundle of bandages that wrapped around Grian's shoulder. 'S-Scar..' he muttered, silencing for a moment. Iskall not quite understanding why. Grian gripped the bandages.

'It's alright, though,' he took off the bandages, '..the scar has stayed the same, though it's been nearly a week. Shouldn't it have healed, just a little?' Iskall narrowed his eyes at the large cut, his eyes moving to Mumbo to notice he was also analyzing it.

'That is odd,' the mustached fellow spoke. Iskall looked up, 'Maybe it has something to do with-'

Mumbo narrowed his eyes at Iskall, who recoiled at the usually calm man's angry gaze. 'Forget what I said,' The guy in the green tux said, fixing his tie nervously, before sitting down on the block floor, 'Anything else we should speak of about this whole.. event?'

With a sigh, the redstone user shook his head. 'Bdubs and Keralis have been acting a little suspicious. Me and False have also seen sightings of the two alongside gray Xisuma.' Grian looked up, throwing a sea lantern between his fists.

'How are they still alive?'

Mumbo put his hand behind his hand, grabbing some hair in his fist in a bit of worry. 'I don't know, Grian.' was all he could respond.

Iskall realized something, putting a hand in his inventory and taking out a book. 'Hey, I found this out front. It's for you, and maybe you would feel better by reading it!' He said, giving the book to Grian.

The red sweater wearing troublemaker of the past gripped the leather cover, analyzing the text. His eyes widened in realization, or was that fear, before Grian's eyes returned to a neutral state.

'I'll read it later.' He mumbled, shoving the book into his pocket. Iskall was sympathetic. Grian's probably worried about how whoever signed it.. is monochrome. Those ones can never be trusted. Although Tango has barely been one of them, is he really that dangerous?

Iskall looked up at Mumbo. 'I got an order, I would like your help on it dude.' Mumbo gave a brief nod, though his eyes flashed to Grian. The taller one always felt concerned whenever the smaller was feeling down.

***

FalseSymmetry flew down, eyeing Grian. 'Is there a reason you called me here, or is it just to waste my time?' She laughed, though quickly frowned when it was obvious Grian wasn't in a joking mood. 

'I got this letter from Tango, and pretty much all of the dark ones.' He briefly explained. 'Visit the deadquarters.' 'Why don't you bring Iskall or Mumbo?' 'Busy.' False's expression turned to Grian's bandaged shoulder, as well did Grian's. 'D-don't ask.'

They flew around aimlessly before flying into the entrance. 'I don't trust this.' False flatly said, before Grian looked at her, his bubbly personality flowing back.

'We got to do it, like bros!' He clung onto the message as he ran across the room, the floor vanishing to lava under his feet. False stood in disbelief.