Tazuna's Request

After a long and grueling process of training Wolf in the harshest training methods ever devised Wolf was finally cleared for missions with Kakashi and Team 7. After hearing and knowing this Wolf made a request not to Hiruzen but to Asuma Sarutobi and that request was "Asuma...i want you to train me with your blades. Train me so that I can use your style in combat and train so that when I take the mantle of the Hokage's shield I will be ready." Asuma agreed and after more of grueling training Wolf then said to Asuma "Looks like I have an assignment with Team 7 Sensei...I shall return for more training when we aren't busy." Just then Wolf heard from Asuma "Hang on a minute kid...I've got something for you." Wolf faced his sensei only to see a box and once Wolf opened the box he saw a pair of blades sitting on what appeared to be a new outfit. Asuma then said with a smirk "I figured I'd get you started on that journey as the Shield in the right way...you see the outfit along with the blades are the exact same as my own but if you look at that logo on the mark isn't the same as mine." Wolf looked at the logo and saw a logo of a literal wolf marked with the Leaf Village symbol as well as the mark of the Sarutobi clan. In other words Wolf had been accepted into the family and Asuma being his teacher said with a smile "I...don't know what to say to this..." Asuma simply said while placing a hand on Wolf's shoulder "Just accept the gift and show me and everyone else your true strength. You've shown me so far that you don't care about yourself as long as everyone else is safe you'll always smile." Wolf nodded and went to change into the outfit Asuma gave him and once he finished putting the outfit on Wolf emerged looking like this:

" Wolf nodded and went to change into the outfit Asuma gave him and once he finished putting the outfit on Wolf emerged looking like this:

Asuma then said with a smirk as he lit up a cigarette "Not bad kid...now then...you have an assignment with Kakashi and his team, according to Hiruzen you and the others will escort a bridge builder named Tazuna. You'll be escorting him back to the Land of Waves and between you and me...I suggest you stay as sharp as those blades." Wolf nodded and bowed to his teacher before heading off to get his briefing for the mission, once he arrived at the Hokage's office and entered it Hiruzen was there still waiting for the team. He looked at Wolf while saying to the Genin who was a near spitting image of Asuma in his new outfit "I almost didn't recognize you in that outfit Wolf! I'd say Asuma did a pretty good job with that choice for your mark." He then got a bit more serious while saying "Now then...your team isn't here yet but thats alright I want you to answer one question for me." Wolf listened and then he heard from Hiruzen "You know that the village doesn't approve of Naruto right?" Wolf nodded and Hiruzen continued by saying "What would you say if I told you that the reason people fear Naruto isn't because of who he is but they fear what he harbors within himself." Wolf thought for a moment and remembered a tailed beast that attacked the Leaf Village during Minato Namikaze's tenure as Hokage, he then said with eyes widening "You mean....Naruto is the person that harbors the Nine Tailed Beast?" Hiruzen nodded while saying "I'm afraid that is correct..now I ask you this; If he ever reaches the level of Hokage and manages to sway the people to respect him would you be his shield?" Wolf thought about this as he had to think as if Naruto was more than a friend and this made the Genin say "If he ever got to this stage in his lifetime then I would defend him with my life Hiruzen. Given the choice I would start my training for that now if I could." Hiruzen chuckled slightly while saying to Wolf "You already have trained for defending the Hokage...what you've done with Asuma is proof that you can defend even a Kage." Wolf then said to Hiruzen after a small yawn "Thank you for that Hiruzen..." The Hokage then said while showing genuine concern "When was the last you rested? You seem exhausted..." Wolf then said to Hiruzen while looking away "Not since I finished the SERE training, I haven't been able to sleep for some reason." Hiruzen then said to the Genin with a smirk "I think you need to spend some time with that girl that I saw with you in the apartment." Wolf then said after a faint blush crossed his cheeks "I guess I could check in on her....she's probably worried about me anyways." Wolf then exited the office and headed to Sakura's place to check in on her and once he arrived there she immediately hugged him while saying "Its good to know you're alright Wolf...mind if i ask what took so long?" Wolf then said to her "Im sorry Sakura...this training took me longer than I expected but now I'm cleared and I have my own mark now." Sakura noticed this and smiled while saying to her boyfriend "Suits you well...maybe we could head over to your place for a bit? Its so quiet there plus I think I may take you up on that offer of living with you." Wolf then said to Sakura with a smile "Then shall we grab your clothes and head over there?" Sakura nodded and after packing a few bags they headed to Wolf's place where almost immediately Toshi noticed them and said "Well now...i see your lady friend is moving in, do you need any assistance?" Wolf then said to Toshi "No thanks...I got it." As Toshi went to ask what he meant by that two Wolf clones appeared while saying "See? I can handle this." Toshi smirked and said to the clone "Impressive...oh I had to enter your apartment earlier and I fixed that hidden compartment that you couldn't open. I fixed it and made it a bit bigger in case you ever get a sword." Wolf nodded and said "Thanks Toshi...what do I owe you?" Toshi shook his head and declined the money as he felt that is was just easier to fix it without making someone pay for the repairs. Once inside the apartment Sakura and Wolf began to store their clothes inside the closets and the dressers that were in the apartment. For Wolf this was easy for him to store his belongings as majority of his clothes took up maybe 1/5 of the closet space, Sakura filled the rest of closet with her clothes and made sure that she handled her bras and panties so that Wolf wouldn't get any ideas. Once that was done they headed downstairs for dinner and after that they took their showers and went to bed.