one

thursday, september ninth.
seoul, south korea. 4:33pm.

the red-haired boy had a deep frown on his face and his arms crossed over his chest. he glared harshly at the wooden floors, avoiding his parents' gaze.

his mother sighed, "we won't be gone for long donghyuck-ah, it's only a month." she tried to comfort her son. mrs. lee knew he'd be upset but it wasn't like this was the first time she and her husband had to leave for a business trip overseas.

donghyuck let out a groan, dramatically throwing his head back.

"but this time it's different, i'm going to be home all alone," he whined. usually when his parents had to leave it was no problem because at least his older brother, taeyong, would be home with him, but his hyung had to leave for college last week leaving hyuck to entertain himself.

finally, mr. lee spoke up, "actually, we decided to hire you a babysitter."

hearing this made his son look at his parents in disbelief.

'a babysitter!? do i look like a child.'

"wah? a babysitter!?," the boy exclaimed. he was upset before but now he was angry. "i'm not a child, i don't need a stupid babysitter!"

"yah! lee donghyuck you watch who you're talking to," his mother scolded. she understood why her son was angry, but it was for his own good.

donghyuck had a hard time keeping his thoughts to himself and would tend to get in trouble at school for talking back to his teachers. a lot of his seniors loved picking fights with the tanned-skinned boy because of his size, thinking he's an easy target. but each time hyuck stood his ground and fought back. his parents trusted him on his own, however they were still paranoid as parents should be leaving their troublemaking teenage son home alone for a month. so they agreed on hiring a babysitter. in their minds they were just caring for their son, but in donghyuck's mind he felt like they were calling him immature and irresponsible, which was somewhat true.

"sorry mom," he mumbled, "but i don't want a babysitter. i don't need one, i am fully capable of taking care of myself."

that was a lie considering the seventeen year old didn't even know how to cook a proper meal without starting a fire. he just didn't want a random stranger in his house bossing him around and nagging at him to take care of himself.

'my mother does that enough.'

his father cleared his throat, "well too bad, because he's already on his way over here." and as if on cue, the doorbell ringed. mr. lee quickly made his way to the door, unlocking and gently swinging it open to reveal a tall figure. "oh hello mr. lee," they greeted cheerfully, pulling the elder into a quick hug. the male turned to greet mrs. lee as well.

"and hello mrs. lee, i see you're looking as lovely as ever."

the middle aged woman shyly smiled, shaking her head.

"aigoo johnny-ah, it's so nice to see you again," she cooed as she pinched his cheeks. this made donghyuck roll his eyes.

'so embarrassing...'

his mother turned to her son and pulled him to stand in front of her, placing her hands on his shoulders. "this is our youngest son, donghyuck."

said boy gave an awkward smile, muttering a quiet hello while bowing. johnny gave a large smile, ruffling hyuck's hair, "he's so cute! i will take good care of him, mrs. lee." donghyuck wanted to tell the male off for touching his hair and calling him adorable but decided against it, not wanting to be scolded by his mother again.