two

thursday, september ninth.
seoul, south korea. 6:30pm.

the two sat across from each other in awkward silence. donghyuck only kept his focus on his pizza, while johnny had his attention on the redhead in front of him.

"so...donghyuck...how's school going?" the brown-haired male spoke, trying to start a conversation. he hated how silent it was.

looking up at the elder from his cheese pizza, hyuck scoffed.

"it's shit and i hate everyone there."

"i felt that," johnny chuckled, "nothing interesting happened at school today?" he questioned, wanting to get to know the boy a little better. all donghyuck did was shake his head. silence filled the house again. for the younger, he just wanted for this day to be over with. getting up from his chair after finishing his food, hyuck went back to his room before johnny could say anything.

the babysitter let out a disappointed sigh. he expected this reaction but was at least hoping he could break the ice with the younger boy.

after cleaning up the leftover food and saving it for later, the tall male made himself at home on the couch. he was watching a random show that played on the tv before his ringtone sounded through the room. without checking who it was, he answered it.

"hello?"

"johnny hyung! are you busy?" one of his best friends, jaehyun, questioned through the phone.

"uh, sorta, i'm babysitting. remember?" he raised his eyebrow even though his friend couldn't see him. "ahh, sorry i forgot. taeil and i wanted to know if you wanted to go hang out tonight, but since you're babysitting i guess you can't..." he sighed dramatically, "such a shame." johnny rolled his eyes, he knew where this was going by the tone of voice the younger one was using.

then he thought about it. 'why not just bring donghyuck with me?'

they never did anything crazy so it was perfectly appropriate for the boy to tag along.

'but would he like to go? and it's also a school night...'

"hyung?...johnny hyung, you there?" his best friend called for the elder, snapping him out of his train of thoughts.

"yeah sorry, and you know what. i'll join you guys," johnny agreed. there was loud cheering coming from the other end of the call. "yay okay! see you at taeil's house at 7:30!" he hung up.

chuckling at jaehyun's behavior, johnny made his way upstairs and to donghyuck's room. although he wasn't quite sure which room was his. the sound of music playing from the room at the end of the hall led him to figure which one belonged to the boy. he knocked on the door first but got no answer, so he just shrugged and opened the door.

"hyu-"

"yah! why didn't you knock!?"

in the middle of the room stood a half-dressed donghyuck. he had his discarded shirt clenched tightly in his hands as he covered his chest. a sharp glare was shot at the elder who disrespected his privacy. however, a faint blush was visible on his cheeks for a moment, but only for a few seconds. his embarrassment was quickly replaced with anger.

"i knocked but-" johnny started to explain but got cut off.

"no! you creep! you wait for an answer. you don't just enter my room without my permission!" the angry boy yelled as he pushed the panicked male out of his room before slamming the door. donghyuck pressed his back against the door, realizing what just happened. he blushed again.