four

friday, september tenth.
seoul, south korea. 12:16pm.

the trio watched as jeno made his way across the cafeteria. for the pink-hair boy it felt as if time had slowed down, his heart beat echoed in his ears. he had seen his fair share of cute boys in his lifetime, but something about this mystery boy who happened to love cats made his face heat up, and his head go wild.

jaemin sighed dreamily, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

"i think i'm in love."

hearing this, renjun and hyuck rolled their eyes. "you say that about every cute guy you see jaem," renjun commented before going back to his lunch.

"i do not!" he exclaimed.

however, it was true. jaemin was a bit reckless when it came to giving his heart away. it didn't take much for the cheerful pink-haired boy to fall in love and many have taken advantage of such. there have been several late nights where his two best friends had to comfort him while he cried about another one of his boyfriends who had broken his fragile heart. he was aware but all he wants is for someone to just love him, for him.

donghyuck flicked jaemin in the forehead, "maybe you should try actually talking to him this time instead of stalking." this caused jaemin to laugh. "do you really think i have the balls to go up to that fine piece of human and actually have a conversation with him?" he scoffed, "no way."

"i don't know..." renjun joined in, "he doesn't seem like an asshole but you never know."

jaemin sighed, already giving up before even trying. he wasn't in the mood for anymore heartbreak.

a comfortable silence fell over the table, all three enjoying their lunches while their minds were being occupied with individual thoughts. donghyuck thinking about how to avoid seeing his babysitter when he gets home, renjun wondering about a certain pink haired boy, and jaemin trying to not look at the handsome blond that sat not too far from them.

they were all ready for the school day to be over with.

☁️☁️☁️

"hey hyuck hyung! wanna hangout with me and mark hyung? we're going to my house to play games," the loud boy greeted the red-head.

donghyuck pressed his lips into a thin line, 'i do wanna see mark...' he thought.

giving a wide smile, he nodded his head excitedly before linking his arms with chenle's. "yay! we can play so many games and eat delicious foods and talk and-" chenle continued to ramble on, not noticing that donghyuck's attention was on the upperclassman who was exiting the building. he had a look of glee as he and his friends joked around and playfully shoved each other around. even with how loud and chaotic they were being, hyuck's eyes were only focused on mark. for him the world seemed to slow down.

from someone else's point of view, donghyuck had literal hearts in his eyes.

"yah! are you listening to me?"

"helloooo?"

"lee donghyuck."

"earth to donghyuck?"

he was pulled out of his little fantasy with a hard slap on his head. "wha- the hell! why did you do that you dolphin!" the red-haired male glared at his friend, ready to throw hands. chenle yelped and hid behind mark, who had just appeared in front of them. "mark hyung save me! he's trying to hurt me," the dolphin cried dramatically.

mark gave him a confused look before turning to donghyuck, "am i missing something here? or..?"

"yeah, a brain," chenle scoffed before laughing nervously from the two glares that were being thrown at him. "ahhaha, it's just a joke...well- please don't hurt me!" he pouted. mark only let out a laugh and ruffled his hair, "cute."

hearing this made hyuck frown. was he jealousy? maybe, but he was never gonna admit it.

'what about me?' he bitterly asked himself.

"you're definitely cuter hyuck," his senior chuckled and threw his arm over the now blushing and surprised boy's shoulder. donghyuck could feel how hot his face was and cleared his throat. 'damn, i really said that out loud.'

"i know." he tried to sound confident like he usually was but failed. 'why am i like this...' he mentally cursed himself. it was normal at this point for him to act so different around his crush and that made donghyuck's stomach turn.

chenle rocked back and forth on his heels before walking past the two, "shall we go?" instead of waiting for an answer he started on the journey to his house, which wasn't too far from the school, only ten blocks away. the two followed close behind, mark's arm still around the shorter male.

"so...donghyuck, what kind of games do you play?" mark tried to clear the awkward air. scoffing the ground with his shoes, hyuck kept his gaze down, "um, the playable ones?" he mentally facepalmed.

unexpectedly, mark only laughed at the odd answer, "no duh idiot," he flicked his head, "but fair enough."

not wanting their loud friend to hear him, the dark-haired boy leaned closer to whisper in donghyuck's ear, "if i have to be honest, i don't really like playing. i just do it for lele's sake." the redhead could have fainted right then and there from how close they were, his shoulder pressed comfortably against mark's chest and hips rocking against each other from the side. he understood what minhyung meant by what he said though. chenle loved playing games and would always whine to them about not having anyone to play with, so mark being the kind and gullible human being he was, let the younger male drag him along to play games at his house.

remembering he needs to give mark an answer, donghyuck quietly spoke, "i don't play either...i prefer singing or dancing."

"you sing? that's so cool. could you sing something for me?"

donghyuck laughed nervously, "m-maybe another time."

the elder nodded and moved away from the redhead, much to hyuck's disappointment. looking in front of them, he noticed their friend wasn't walking ahead of them anymore. "wait! where did chenle go?"

hyuck turned his gaze up and gasped. "we lost the dolphin?!" they stopped walking and looked around. the loud orange-haired boy was nowhere in their sight. however, before they could both go into panic mode, they heard a loud shriek.

"yah! jisung pArk!"