Chapter Five

"Who are you," Blake looked over at the man next to her. "Who are you really?"

"Gale Holmes," he stated as he put together their paperwork. The fact that he wasn't looking at her in eye was making her angry. That's when she decided to show him something. Digging out her sketchbook from her backpack under her seat, she flipped through the pages. She held it up to his face.

"What," he looked at it. It was the Italian man she had met in Greece. Blake flipped the page again, showing him the redhead man with the beard and mustache. "You... you figured it out?"

"Do I look stupid," she spat, slamming her little sketchbook shut. "I know you were the man trailing me since London, you decided to reveal yourself in Greece. Why? I don't know. Now I'm going to ask again, who are you?"

"You don't need to know," Jay glared at her. This man was more stubborn than a mule. Crossing her arms, Blake observed the other passengers. "John Derrick."

"Sorry?"

"John Derrick, he's the man who contracted me to steal the formulas from your Professor friend. When he found out about the E-23, he knew he could pocket that 'innovation' so he sent me to get it when his men couldn't. Except I couldn't find her. Turns out we visited her the same day, except I went in earlier."

"You bugged the apartment you tramp! No wonder you knew who I was!"

"No comment. Well, I had to inform John about you. So the men who are after you are John's henchmen."

"But why are they after you?"

"Well, when I sent him the formulas, he told me they didn't work. So he wasn't going to pay me. He never asked me to make the formula, only to deliver the formula. He tried to cheat me out of my pay day so I did what I do best."

"You tricked him?"

"I sure did. I forced him to pay me," Jay replied. "When I was in Heathrow, I was actually suppose to be on my way to my new home but someone just had to get in my way."

"Don't expect me to apologize," Blake yawned. "Why are you even helping me though? You're free, you don't need to help me."

"That's not what matters," he shook his head. "What do you know about the-?"

His shoulder suddenly grew heavy. Jay looked over at her, resting on his shoulder. He exhaled sharply, pulling her jacket over her shoulders instead.

London, England
"We can't go out of London Rowan," Abigail grabbed his arm. "We are stuck here! We know for sure John is behind the oil depletion! How can we go out when he knows Blake is on the run? It's going to lead right back to you and if you leave after her, it's going to confirm his theory."

"So what if it does?!"

"If it does, you're stuck. You'll go to prison with Blake at large. It doesn't help."

"I sent Blake out there, it should have been me but I let her go."

"She's the best thing we have right now. What we can do it keep finding more facts that link John to the whole conspiracy. If we find what we can from the inside, we can help Blake. There is a press conference, if we leave now, we can make it."

The press conference in front of the Parliament was swarming with reporters and tv crews. It was perfect diversion for Rowan to slip into the building. Acting as a guard, Rowan found John's office but the door was locked. The conjoining room wasn't. Creeping inside, he saw the door leading into the other side.

"This better work," he whispered, pressing his ear to the door.

"Dad, the formula is still not working. What are we suppose to do?! Xavier's oil supply hasn't been affected still and rather are helping the people," Gwen exclaimed.