Chapter Six

"Geez, it's freezing," Jay muttered as he shook the snow off his cap. Blake seemed unfazed with the coldness or the weather, perhaps because she did live by the Rocky Mountains. She walked into that bar as if she knew what she came for.

"You," Blake pointed to the bartender. "Whiskey, now."

"Woman of taste," the bartender laughed when Blake flashed a friendly grin.

"You know him too," Jay whispered.

"No, you have to be friendly with the locals. How else," she muttered back as she walked right for him. "Hey, we are looking for Jon. We were trying to come in to surprise him and my husband back here lost the address. Our map doesn't exactly help."

The bartender chuckled when he set the whiskey in front of her.

"Jon Peterson," the bartender asked. "He lives out by Route 27, all the way out there. With this weather, I'd suggest you two to stay put for the night and go out in the morning."

"Can you draw it out on the map," Blake pulled out her map from her back pocket, revealing a red marker with it. "We haven't seen them in how long honey?"

"Ooo," Jay whistled. "I don't know. Three years give or take?"

"No, you remember the bonfire we did with them after that. The one where your Aunt Sue spilled the chili over her?"

"Then probably two years," Jay smirked at Blake's smoothness in her lies. She seemed so natural at it. It made him wonder what type of work she had gotten mixed in to make her so good at it. "Thanks for that!"

"We should really go," Blake patted the table. "Before it gets worse."

"What ever you want but I wouldn't leave if I were you."

"We'll be fine... another day in Wyoming," Blake winked as she drank the whiskey in one shot. Without any reaction from it, Blake waved goodbye.

"Your woman sure holds her liquor," The bartender stared at the door.

"Tell me about it," Jay chuckled.

"It should be that road," Blake squinted into the darkness. The snow was starting to fall but it still wasn't too hard enough to have to turn around. "It's just a straight shot from here practically, only a turn on a very unnoticed road so we need to keep an eye out."

"I didn't exactly want to alarm you," Jay flashed a look in the rear view mirror. "We've been followed since we left the bar."

"What," Blake whipped around. "Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I wasn't sure but now, I'm sure," Jay sped the truck.

"I can drive," Blake offered.

"I got it," he threw the shift into fourth. "I gotta loose him. You buckled up?"

"Always."

"Good," he aimed the truck for the snow. Even a sane person knew driving on snow wasn't the smartest thing to do. The truck could get stuck in any little stump or fresh snow. What was he doing? "Come on."

"Well you're doing it wro- oh you're brilliant," Blake laughed as she noticed that the snow was hardened by the cold already. The snow wasn't powdery fresh, rather hard like ice. "You expect to loose them here? Out on the open?"

"That's why I told you to hold on," Jay headed straight for some trees. "How far away are they?"

"Uh... 500 feet."

"Metric system! I'm from Europe!"

"I don't know the metric system!"

"You useless American!"