Meeting

You walk along the hallways at Karasuno high with your head hung down. Going through classes as a normal student does. It's quite lonely after school since You don't play volleyball and after you sprained your wrist really bad and had a hard time with your mental health. You decided to quit, the taunts of middle school fill your head.

The girls on your team miss you, and wish for you to stay. They were always friendly but damn, practice sucked ass.
_____________________

The lunch bell rings and students gather their books and bags. As you grab yours as well somebody approaches and taps your shoulder.

"Oi kosho-chan!"

You turn around to see a dark brown haired boy. It's Daichi, brimming with a huge smile. You turn around to face him, you smile back as you open your mouth to say something.

"Heyyyy! How are you! I haven't seen you for a while!" You cheer at him.

"Yeah! I saw you while I passed the door, so I thought to come talk. Are you still playing?" He asks.

Still playing. Still playing volleyball, definitely not. Daichi was a fan of your volleyball skills back when you both met in middle school. Of course he's three years older than you, but he was like a teacher to you. He watched your served and eventually taught you overhand. Such a sad thing to tell him you weren't playing anymore, and you know he would pout and try to encourage you to play again.

"Actually no, I sprained my wrist really bad so I'm unable."

His eyes fill with understanding.

"I'm sorry kosho-Chan. Do you think it would heal up quick enough so you can play again?"

Little does he know that you quit as well. You haven't talked to him in a while, and last time you both talked was about actually joining the volleyball teams, and him encouraging and having you meet the girls volleyball captain.

"No, it won't. Sorry to say that not only am I unable to play, I kinda... quit."

"YOU WHAT?"

He raised his voice slightly, only from the worry and shock. Both of you begin walking out the hallway and continue to make conversation, You both make your way to the lockers. You keep your lunchbox in your locker so you go ahead downstairs and Daichi subconsciously follows.

Ahead you see a wisp if silver turn the corner of the stairs. As you meet the bottom of the floor of stairs your condescending, daichi yells out to the boy. Silver hair.... you know that hair anywhere. It was sugawara. Daichi calls out to him and waves.

As sugawara turns and yells back, he looks at you and points.

"Daichi, who's that?" He yells from the bottom of the stairs.

"Oiiii! You tell me you forgot about kosho??" He shouts back, making his way down to Suga.

Suga's face widens with surprise and he's quick to put on a smile. As you make your way down the stairs to the lockers to catch up with them two, you reminisce your old friendship with Suga.

Sugawara was a good friend of yours. You met him when your practiced with daichi one day, when both of them were first years at Karasuno. Suga was always kind and you both got along great, you became close enough that you would vent sometimes about the kids at school. He'd let you cry on his shoulder, and once you felt better would toss you balls to set for extra ball practice. You felt like you could tell him anything, but still held back on what you wanted to tell him. He was a good friend and like your older brother and stood up for you when he saw kids bullying you.

"Wait THATS kosho!" Suga exclaims.

" you saw me at the beginning of the year didn't you?" You laugh.

He blinks and raises his finger to his chin.
"Maybe?" He said. "I don't know, you've changed since I last really saw you."

Ahhh, when he last really saw you. Back when you where bigger and more heavy set. Your hair shorter, barely touching the tips of your shoulders. Your face holding fat that dribbled a bit onto your neck and the jiggle of your stomach when you would spike the ball. Last when he "really" saw you, back when kids made fun of you for being a bit bigger than the average kid. Telling you you would be shit at sports because of the fat that hangs from your legs and arms. back when he was a second year along with daichi, and you three Stopped really seeing each other because of sports and school. Not to mention you shut yourself off from everyone.

"Well yeah, I guess I've changed a bit!" You chuckle and cross your arms against your stomach.

"Well I haven't seen you in forever, I'm just grabbing my lunch." He turns away and walks, but in a way that tells you to follow to continue the conversation.

"Yeah," you say. "I keep mine in my locker too. I don't know why daichi is following me." You chuckle and you nod your head to him.

"Ahhhhh shut up." Daichi playfully exclaims. "Suga comes down here to grab his lunch as well as you so we walk to the cafeteria together."

"Hey kosho?" Suga asks.

"Yes?"

"Want to eat with us today? Maybe we can introduce you to the team."

Hmmmmmmm?  You'll pass. It'd be too awkward meeting new people and eating with them, so you nicely decline Suga.

You make way to your locker and open it up. There you see your light blue lunchbox, pick it up, and make way to daichi and Suga again.  As you make way to the cafeteria to you all talk about the old times. You learn about some of the boys team members and their recent games.  As per thought, you had to explain you weren't playing anymore. You were careful not to bring up the main reason you quit, but it almost got out because of the trust you used to have with Suga.

As you walk into the cafeteria you part ways, as you turn to walk towards the group of girls you eat lunch with Daichi calls your name one last time.

"Hey kosho! Are you busy after school today?"

"No? Why?" You ask, raising an eyebrow in question.

"Well you should watch the boys practice. They're really good and I think you'd like it!"

You think about it.  It doesn't sound like a bad idea, and frankly you don't have anything to do anyways. So you politely agree and say you'll be there. He smiles and waves bye to  you. You head your lunch table.
____________________________