Chapter One : The News Gets Out

October | 2016

The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue.
—Edward R. Murrow

Monday, October 31, 2016

Prince Harry finds love again

Two years after his divorce from Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry has found love again and he is secretly dating a stunning Swedish model and human rights campaigner.

After six months of quiet dating, the news finally leaked on October 31 that Prince Harry is dating his best friend Sofia Hellqvist, the younger sister of Princess Saria of Sweden.

A source told the Sunday Express that Harry is "happier than he's been for many years" and is "besotted" with the Sofia.

In recent weeks royal watchers have noticed that Harry, sixth-in-line to the throne, has had a notable spring in his step and can't stop smiling.

"He's happier than he's been for many years," said a source close to the Prince last night.

~~•~~•~~

"Why are you so nervous?" Sofia asked me as we pulled me into Buckingham Palace.

"Because this is the first time my family is meeting you, Sofia." I answered.

Sofia stared at me.

"Harry, this isn't the first time I've met your family." She said.

I shook my head.

"You met them as my best friend. This is different. You're meeting them as my girlfriend now." I said.

She nodded.

"Okay, I get it. You think they're going to trust me differently than before where I was just a friend and not a potential life partner." She said.

"Exactly." I said.

"Okay, but before we go in. How do you feel about the articles being released about us?" Sofia asked as I parked the car.

"Hold on." I said as I got of the car and walked around the car to open her door. Sofia got out of the car.

I grabbed her hand and squeezed it

"Even though it wasn't the way I wanted to confirm our relationship I'm happy it came out and now the world knows that you are mine." I said.

"Oh Harry." She said as she kissed me.

"Plus everyone loves you and already calling you, Princess Sofia." I said, smiling.

"Wouldn't be Duchess Sofia?" She asked.

I laughed.

"I think you're more of a princess than a duchess." I answered.

"Awe, aren't they cute?" Eugenie asked as she walked up to us with Jack by her side.

Sofia and I smiled at them.

"Hello, Genie, Jack, how are you both doing?" I asked.

"Hello, Harry, Sofia, we're well just here for family dinner and to meet my cousin's new girlfriend." Eugenie answered as she hugged Sofia.

I chuckled and hugged Jack.

"You finally got it right." Jack said as he hugged Sofia.

I hugged Eugenie.

"Honestly, I'm happy you both are finally together. I know Sofia truly has your heart and I love seeing you both together." Eugenie said.

"Thank you, Genie, and he has my heart too." Sofia said.

"Come let's go inside so Her Majesty may interrogate the fresh meat." Jack said, laughing.

Sofia squeaked.

"Now I'm nervous." Sofia said, smiling.