THE CHOSEN TWINS: HARRY POTTER FANFICTION

THE CHOSEN TWINS

Author's note: This is the first time I thought to write and I hope you guys like it. i have taken somethings copied exactly from the Philosopher's Stone.

CHAPTER 1: THE TWINS WHO LIVED.

"Harry, help me, it was a mistake, i didn't mean to..." Hazel came running to the cupboard under the stairs with aunt Petunia right behind her.

"how dare you spill syrup over my Dudley?" she stormed towards Hazel.

"Aunt Petunia, don't hit her, please, Hazel's not feeling well" Harry stood in front of his sister, while she tried to crouch behind him.

"You don't tell us what to do, boy, you are a pair of ungrateful little twits." Uncle Vernon had just came into the room. " Now finish off the mess you sister made, and make me breakfast." Uncle Vernon dragged off eleven year old Harry by the arm to the kitchen, as both the Potters exchanged glances of pity for each other.

Harry came back to the cupboard after cleaning up the whole kitchen with nothing but two sandwiches stuffed in his pocket. both of them had no dinner the day before.

Harry looked at his sister. Her head was slightly bleeding.

"Oh, Hazey, look at you."

Harry James Potter and Hazel Lily Potter were twins. Both of them looked extremely alike. Each of them had piercing green eyes, covered up with round rimmed spectacles and resembled James. the only thing different with both of them was Hazel's hair. She had wavy, bright red hair, just like Lily. Harry and Hazel had spent there entire lives at the Dursley house being abused and ridiculed by Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon and of course Dudley Dursley. Perhaps it had something to do with living in a dark cupboard, but Harry and Hazel had always been small and skinny for their age. they looked even smaller and skinnier than they really was because all he had to wear were old clothes of Dudley who was thrice their size put together. The twins shared a unique mark, a scar on their forehead in the shape of a lighting time when it showed the Durlseys screamed at them. they got that scar because of a very dangerous night. it was almost 10 years ago when Professor McGonagall's had voice trembled.

'That's not all. They're saying he tried to kill the Potters' twins, Harry and Hazel. But – he couldn't. He couldn't kill that little children. No one knows why, or how, but they're saying that when he couldn't kill the Potter twins, Voldemort's power somehow broke – and that's why he's gone.'

Dumbledore nodded glumly. 'It's – it's true?' faltered Professor McGonagall

. 'After all he's done ... all the people he's killed ... he couldn't kill a little boy and a little girl? It's just astounding ... of all the things to stop him ... but how in the name of heaven did Harry survive?

Harry and Hazel both hated it at the house, specially when Dudley's friends came over. His friends joined him in Dudley's favorite sport: Harry-hunting. When Hazel tried to defend him, Aunt Petunia locked in the cupboard but not without a beating. This was why Harry and Hazel spent as much time as possible out of the house, wandering around and thinking about the end of the holidays, where they could see a tiny ray of hope. When September came they would be going off to secondary school and, for the first time in their life, they wouldn't be with Dudley. one day they were having breakfast, and the twins were serving the dursley's as slaves when they heard the click of the letter-box and flop of letters on the doormat.

'Get the post, Dudley,' said Uncle Vernon from behind his paper.

'Make Harry get it.'

'Get the post, Harry.'

'Make Dudley get it.'

" Fine, Hazel, get the post." Aunt Petunia interjected.

"No, I'll get it" Harry couldn't bear to over work his sister not after what happened yesterday.

Three things lay on the doormat: a postcard from Uncle Vernon's sister Marge, who was holidaying on the Isle of Wight, a brown envelope that looked like a bill and – a letter for Harry. Harry picked it up and stared at it, his heart twanging like a giant elastic band. No one, ever, in his whole life, had written to him. Who would? He had no friends, no other relatives – he didn't belong to the library so he'd never even got rude notes asking for books back. Yet here it was, a letter, addressed so plainly there could be no mistake:

Mr H. Potter

The Cupboard under the Stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey.

Harry turned to the next one, it was one for Hazel.

Ms H. Potter

The Cupboard under the Stairs

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey.

The envelope was thick and heavy, made of yellowish parchment, and the address was written in emerald-green ink. There was no stamp.

"Hazel!" Harry shouted.

"What happened? boy, get the post." Uncle Vernon shouted back.

Harry went back to the kitchen, still staring at his letter. He handed Uncle Vernon the bill and the postcard, sat down and slowly began to open the yellow 's mine!' said Harry, trying to snatch it back. 'Who'd be writing to you?' sneered Uncle Vernon, shaking the letter open with one hand and glancing at it. His face went from red to green faster than a set of traffic lights. And it didn't stop there. Within seconds it was the greyish white of old porridge.

'P-P-Petunia!' he gasped

. Dudley tried to grab the letter to read it, but Uncle Vernon held it high out of his reach. Aunt Petunia took it curiously and read the first line. For a moment it looked as though she might faint. She clutched her throat and made a choking noise.

'Vernon! Oh my goodness – Vernon"

they had forgotten that Hazel was in the room. She saw the same envelope on the table, exactly like the one in Uncle Vernon's hand. She figured it would be the same. she took the letter and motioned to Harry. The twins had developed a way of conversation without saying anything. Harry and Hazel ran to the cupboard and locked them selves in it .

"Get them" Uncle Vernon realized what just happened. he yelled

But the twins were safe locked in the cupboard with a letter.