NEW SEEKER AND KEEPER

AUTHOR'S NOTE: THIS IS THE FIFTH CHAPTER AND I AM HAVING SO MUCH FUN WRITING THIS. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR REVIEWS FOR MY IMPROVEMENT.

"Who's that, Percy?"

"That's Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher, Professor Quirrell.

'Who's that teacher talking to Professor Quirrell?' he asked Percy.

"that's Professor Snape. He teaches Potions, but he doesn't want to – everyone knows he's after Quirrell's job. Knows an awful lot about the Dark Arts, Snape."

A hook-nosed teacher looked past Quirrell's turban straight into Harry's eyes and a sharp, hot pain shot across the scar on Harry's forehead.

'Ouch!' Harry clapped a hand to his head

. 'What is it?' asked Ron.

'N-nothing.'

The pain had gone as quickly as it had come. Harder to shake off was the feeling Harry had got from the teacher's look – a feeling that he didn't like Harry at all.

He looked at Hazel, she was also touching the scar on her forehead.

At last, the puddings too disappeared and Professor Dumbledore got to his feet again. The Hall fell silent.

'Ahem – just a few more words now we are all fed and watered. I have a few start-of-term notices to give you. 'First-years should note that the forest in the grounds is forbidden to all pupils. And a few of our older students would do well to remember that as well.'

Dumbledore's twinkling eyes flashed in the direction of the Weasley twins.

'I have also been asked by Mr Filch, the caretaker, to remind you all that no magic should be used between classes in the corridors.

'Quidditch trials will be held in the second week of term. Anyone interested in playing for their house teams should contact Madam Hooch. "

And now, bedtime. Off you trot!'

The Gryffindor first-years followed Percy through the chattering crowds, out of the Great Hall and up the marble staircase.

At the very end of the corridor hung a portrait of a very fat woman in a pink silk dress.

'Password?' she said

. 'Caput Draconis,' said Percy,

and the portrait swung forward to reveal a round hole in the wall. They all scrambled through it – Neville, the boy who lost the toad on the train needed a leg up – and found themselves in the Gryffindor common room, a cosy, round room full of squashy armchairs.

Percy directed the girls through one door to their dormitory and the boys through another.

"Just one moment." Harry made his way towards Hazel.

"where are you going?" Ron asked.

"Hazel" He replied in a word and kept moving.

Hazel was standing in a corner with Hermione and two other girls near the girls dormitory.

"Hazey, a moment?"

"Yes, Harry"

"Did your scar hurt today?"

"Yes! How do you know?"

"mine too, at dinner. When the greasy black haired Professor looked at me"

"Any idea what it is?"

"It just happened once, Hazey,it's probably nothing.

"I guess."

Before they could say anything, Percy Weasley the prefect came and ushered them both to bed.