Chapter Seventeen: The Project (Pt. 1)

Naomasa scrubbed a hand over his face as he listened to the news. It was broadcasting the latest of a string of murders among small time villains.

"Some are concluding the murders are the work of a new serial killer, others figure a powerful vigilante has stepped up to the plate-"

Naomasa muted the television, leaning back in his chair. This was not the work of some trigger happy vigilante. The murders seemed random, but each followed a pattern.

Missing body parts.

Each corpse was missing a body part that had an integral purpose in the individual's usage of their Quirk.

A villain known for blasting water jets out of her hands at a high velocity had gotten both hands removed- the cut was clean, the skin left on her arms smooth. Another villain used his hair like another arm. He was found at the murder scene scalped, the top of his skull exposed and free of blood.

The killer not only stole the parts, but left the scene free of blood, no matter how beaten up the bodies were.

It was like the killer didn't feel a sense of urgency, cleaning up after itself thoroughly.

Theories jumped around in Naomasa's head. Maybe the killer had a separate location that it used to actually commit the crime and then just delivered the body after it was done?

That would explain how no particularly damning evidence had cropped up yet.

A long, suffering sigh escaped his lips.

~*~

Izuku had made a... miscalculation. His greed was too strong and all encompassing.

He'd been careless, blatantly stealing body parts that one could easily realize were important to the person's quirk. But it had been so tempting...

His collection was growing at a rapid pace; so what if he had deviated from his plan?

This could be seen as a good thing, anyway. The police expected to go after villains- they won't see it coming when he eventually works his way up the list.

Maybe he'll steal some unwitting hero student's Quirk- Not Kacchan's or Todoroki's though, not yet. Maybe he'd even go for a third year, someone just getting into actual hero work.

Izuku opened the school's records, an idea forming in his head.

His fingers flew across the keyboard.

The Big Three. Mirio Togata, Tamaki Amajiki, and Nejire Hado.

Izuku grinned.

//This is only 400 words. So I'm making it a "part one". I just want to post something. My birthday is in two days! Getting to the age of 17- almost legally an adult. I also have a drivers ed class a few days after. I have to drive in a cityscape but all I know are dirt roads rip. Wish me luck! //