one

chapter one
The Noise of a Crowded Arena

"I don't know what will give me a headache first— the flashing lights or the bad acting

"I don't know what will give me a headache first— the flashing lights or the bad acting."

•It was a humid day in Tampa, Florida, but that was nothing new

It was a humid day in Tampa, Florida, but that was nothing new. People had been lining up all day to get different iced coffees in hopes to cool themselves down from the heat that stuck to them. The small corner shop had been packed for hours on end, with no end in sight. However, another barista had clocked on, relieving Prue to her overdue break.

The brunette strolled outside, past the line of customers and into the sun. She needed a breath of fresh-air after customers had been practically suffocating her with their picky requests all morning. She loved her job, but people were just too much at times. She was glad to have a half an hour where she could let her hair down and step away from the business where she was employed.

As her long hair fell from it's placement and relieved the tension in her scalp, Prue sighed. She was finally able to enjoy some peace and quiet— until her phone rang about two minutes later.

She brought the cellphone to her ear. "Hello?"

"Prue! I've got great news." The voice of her chipper friend, Kit, came through the speakers. Often times, Kit's "good news" ended up getting the duo into trouble. Whether it was Kit falling for one of those "free hotel" scam calls or a surprise trip to Vegas that lead one of their other friends to almost marrying a stripper, Kit was always full of surprises and adventures.

Prue chuckled a bit at her friends excitement, not knowing what would come next. "Alright, lay it on me."

"I won us tickets to an NXT show!! And we're going, tonight!"

As Kit squealed into the phone, Prue had to pull it from her ear in order to prevent any damage to her ear drum. The lungs on that girl were insane.