three

chapter three
The Early Bird Get a 'Worm.'

"I believe that God is a woman and she willed me to get laid last night

"I believe that God is a woman and she willed me to get laid last night."
"Kit, you're an idiot."

•Prudence had awoken to the sound of rain on her window

Prudence had awoken to the sound of rain on her window. The poor weather from the night before had not left the city and by the dull light that shined through the window, it was obvious that the day was going to be a cold and gloomy one.

Prue sat up, her arms still encased by the flannel of the man she had met the night before. A small smile came to her lips, surprising herself as she recalled the events of the previous night. Although she and Kyle hadn't talked too much for the drive, she believed that she might have misinterpreted his character. He had been able to make her laugh and the feeling made it seem as though her pain had eased away, if only for a moment.

Kyle had stayed and slept on the couch after they had returned to her apartment. It had been well past one in the morning when the two had arrived at the small, aged complex that Prue resided in. The brunette had insisted on him staying, not wanting to have to worry about him driving for another hour whilst being exhausted from the night's turn of events. She had also heard him leave early the next morning, not expecting to see him ever again.

The woman got out of bed and strolled into the main room of her homey flat. The aches of her body had not completely disappeared and her figure stiffened as the cold morning air hit her tired muscles. Turning the corner, Prue was surprised when she saw a familiar blonde head of hair in the kitchen, humming and cooking away.

"Katherine Dapple, how the hell did you get in my apartment?" Her voice broke the trance that her friend seemed to be in.

The blonde jumped, turning around. "Fuck, you walk quietly." She huffed, sending a glare toward the other woman. "And I got in with the key under your doormat."