four

chapter four
Broken Promises & Shattered Coffee Cups

"With Austin's behavior and the mess that has been caused since we've met

"With Austin's behavior and the mess that has been caused since we've met... I just want to say, I'm sorry. Really, I am. "

•It is unfortunate that that simple smell of a coffee shop is not strong enough to wake up a tired mind on early mornings

It is unfortunate that that simple smell of a coffee shop is not strong enough to wake up a tired mind on early mornings. The sun had yet to rise in the sky in Tampa, but a small coffee hut was preparing to open it's doors and start business for the day. Prudence Florent sat at the sole opener, starting up the cleansed machines, prepping the day's materials and counting down the minutes until the doors were to be unlocked for the public.

Prue didn't mind early morning shifts. It gave her time to clear her mind and have the space to herself. Plus, no one else came in to work until three hours after the doors officially opened and it gave Prue some time to make some decent tips for herself. She had started the morning with a cup of her favorite coffee and just a few of her favorite songs. Despite the slight amount of fatigue that she felt; In this element, Prue felt at peace.

It had been a week since the NXT live event, since the late night drive between two strangers from Orlando to Tampa. Life had gone back to normal, everybody started to push the memories from that night into the back of their minds. Kit had been taking things pretty hard, realizing that Austin was never going to call the number she had given him. Prue's aches and migraines had subsided, the small bruises imprinted on her skin had faded. In a physical sense, it was like nothing had ever happened at all. It's a shame that the mind wasn't erased so easily.

Although she willed herself to ignore any thoughts of the wrestler that she had met seven days prior, his flannel was still tied to her purse, the note he left sticking out of the small breast pocket. The note had been pulled out multiple times in the six days since it had been written, but the number scribbled on it had never been dialed. Every time Prue went to type it into her phone, she thought about Austin and felt disgusted, worrying that Kyle was no better than his long-haired pal.