1

As I sat in the departure lounge waiting to go back home for my brothers wedding, I sighed a breath of relief. Relief I was on my own. Relief I had got to the airport without any problems. Relief that I was single. I didn't think I would feel this way, having just broken up with my boyfriend of 3 years, but I was relieved and I was content. As I was daydreaming out the window, the departures screen changed with the information for the boarding gate. I grabbed my bag and made my way there. I was still in my little bubble walking there sipping my coffee, I wondered who would be sat in the seat next to me as I had cancelled his ticket on may here. Would they fill it in time? Or would I be sat by myself?

I made my way to the gate, handed my boarding pass and passport to the last at the desk, she wished me a safe journey and I boarded the plane. I took out my headphones and kindle from my bag and started to put my bag in the overhead storage. I wasn't short but it was a struggle to do.

"Here let me help" said a deep voice from behind me. The voice belonged to a tall, blonde haired, blue eyed man.

" Thank you" I quietly said and blushed. I went to sit down in my seat and bumped into him as he was making his way into the same row. 

"Oh sorry" I said to him. As I looked at him I got lost into his eyes, I realised how blue they are. Like the sea.

His reply brought me out of my daydream "no worries, looks like we are on the same row, I'm on the end, where are you sat?"

"I'm the window seat" I managed to stutter out.

" I wonder who's sat in the middle between us?" He said with a smile. But I could tell from his small smirk that he was hoping that it was an empty seat.

"i'm pretty sure it will be empty, I cancelled that booking on my way to the airport. Unless they filled it the quickly but I doubt that they will. I mean who would be able to book a seat that quickly and then get here on time?" I nervously rambled.

As I rambled I made my way to my seat again. I could feel him staring and smiling as I spoke. I turned around and gave him an apologetic smile. 

He smiled back at me, not just a small polite smile. A massive toothy grin.

"Hey, I'm glad no one is sat here" he replies.

I sat down and got comfy and put the seatbelt on. They made all the safety announcements and I half listen whilst looking out the window. I'm not the best flyer and I've never flown before on my own. So right now I feel very nervous. I can feel my leg start to shake and bounce and I ball my hands up into fists. I tut to myself and roll my eyes as I remember that I left my hard boiled sweets in my bag. My nanny always said to suck on a sweet as it helps your ears when you take off and land. The handsome stranger reaches over and puts his hand on the arm rest of my chair. If I hadn't of seen him doing it out of the corner of my eye I'm not sure I would've known that he very gently rubbed his fingertips on my forearm.

"Hey, are you ok? You look a bit pale and you're shaking, I can feel it in my seat" he said to me whispering.

" I've never been on a plane by myself before and I'm not a great flyer" I admitted.

He gave me a small smile of reassurance and moved his hand to hold my hand. I froze, I didn't know what to do. I decided to just let him hold my hand for the take off and then I would let go and say thanks. After what felt like forever we were up in the air and the seatbelt sign went off. I tried to move my hand from the beautiful stranger but he was firmly holding on. I looked at his face and he was staring right into my eyes. I could feel my cheeks getting hotter and redder by the second. He realised I had caught him and his cheeks matched mine and he apologised and quickly took his hand from mine. My hand suddenly felt cold.

I decided I would open up my kindle and start reading my book. I am a sucker for romance books. When I read I feel like no one is around me and I just get lost in the words. As I read I could feel my eyelids getting heavy. I hadn't slept well the night before because I knew I didn't want to bring Parker (my ex) on this trip with me and I still hadn't said anything.

See my family didn't really see eye to eye with him and every conversation turned into a disagreement. My Mum could see right through me and knew that it bothered me that Parker didn't get on with them. What she didn't know it that he has been talking to other girls behind my back and I just ignored it for 6 months. I'm not a confrontational person, so if I was to confront him, I knew it would end badly. I just had to do it my way. Some would call me a coward for breaking up and the leaving the country but I had to do it in the best way for me.

I could slowly feel myself falling into a deep sleep.