3

We all got into the separate cars, James and Dan sat in the front and Anna sat next to me. I started talking to her about the wedding and anything else I could so that she wouldn't ask me about James. We talked all the way into town and the way she talked about the wedding and my brother with the biggest smile on her face made me smile to. I was glad they were both so happy. We were coming into the town when Dan said

"Sophia and Anna, do you want to stop for a drink on the way back? I can let mum and dad know"

Anna replies "Well I think it's a great idea, but we aren't the ones who have been on a plane and broken up with a boyfriend in the last 24 hours. Soph what do you think?"

"I don't mind, it would be nice to get a drink" I replied. I wanted to die inside, I can't believe she just said that in front of Dan and James.

James was deep in thought, Dan had to nudge him for an answer.

"Jay you up for it?" Dan said.

He got all flustered and said "Yeah if Sophia's happy then I'm happy" He smiled when he said my name, I could see it in the door mirror.

Dan drove towards the bar and we all made our way in. Dan and Anna said that they would get the drinks, they know what I drink so it's no question and they left James and I to find a table. He held out his arm to let me lead the way.

I found a table and he sat down next to me. I could feel him staring again.

"Who would've thought that we'd ever meet again Sophia?" James said to me.

"I know. I never got to say thank you for the jumper and for holding my hand at take off and landing" I replied.

"No worries, I couldn't let you be worried all on your own. So was the seat empty because you broke up with someone? Is that why you rambled about the seat?" He said

I blushed "Yeah I broke up with him as a I left for the airport. Sorry I fell asleep so quickly, I hope I didn't talk in my sleep?"

"No, but you shivered, that's why put my jumper over you. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah It was a long time coming, I just didn't have the inner strength to do it sooner" I replied.

He was about to reply when Dan and Anna came back with the drinks. Anna smiled at us both. As they put the drinks down Anna graded my hand and smiled, it was one of her reassuring smiles. The one that's says that everything will be fine and to relax. She can read me like a book just like my mum.

"so you finally broke up with that dickhead then?" Dan said laughing

"You'll be pleased to know that you won't have to see him again Daniel" I replied to him laughing. Trust my brother to make light of the situation.

"good" Dan said and smirked at James, who had a similar facial expression, "Didn't like him anyway"

"We all know that dan, now leave her alone, she's here for our wedding and she's going to enjoy herself. Aren't you Soph?" Anna said.

"Yeah I am, I can't wait for the big day" I replied.

I put my hand on my knee. James, Dan and Anna were making small talk about how long it had been since they had seen each other and what was going on in their lives. I listened as they all talked and sipped my drink. I suddenly felt a hand on my knee as I was taking a sip. I nearly dropped my drink on the table, Anna laughed as if she knew what was happening and James just carried on talking as if it was second nature to just rest his hand there.

We finished our drinks and made our way to my parents house. As we pulled up, mum was outside chatting to the neighbour. I remembered that they had mentioned that they had a new neighbour and mum got on really well with the lady that lived there.

James got out the car before Dan had even turned the engine off and was quickly walking towards the lady.

"Oh my James I'm so glad you're home" the lady said hugging him

"Hi mum" James said. I got out the car and made my way to my mum.

So not only is he here for my brothers wedding, he is also staying next door.

"Why don't you both come over for dinner tonight?" My dad said as he also appeared at the front door "we have enough to feed an army!" He laughed.

James' mum said "I don't want to intrude on your family dinner"

"Don't be silly. I insist" my mum replied.

James walked back to the car to grab his stuff before I could register what he was doing, my bag and case was put next to the front door. I smiled at him and said thank you.

He grabbed his stuff and put it just inside his house.

Our parents made the arrangements and with that we went into our separate houses. For the rest of the afternoon we sat out in the garden and drank cups of tea and enjoyed being back in each others company.

Anna got up and said "Sophia do you need a hand taking your case upstairs?"

I gave her a strange look and she just nodded at me. "I guess so" I said to her.

She grabbed my case and I grabbed my bag, it seemed fuller for some reason. I opened it to have look and on the top was James' black jumper that he had covered me with on the plane.

I went upstairs to my bedroom and met Anna in there sitting on my bed waiting expectantly. I laughed at her, she looked like a puppy waiting for food.

"You're killing me, come on, spill the beans, how did you know Jay before the airport?" She said.

So they all call him Jay for short sometimes, either one suited him really well.

"Well he helped me to put my bag in the overhead storage, we were sat on the same row. Oh and he held my hand when we took off and landed. You know what I'm like on planes, it was even worse because I was on my own". I told her.

"You look like you didn't even know each others names when you bumped into him again, how did you hold hands with him but not even know his name?" She said, as she talking she opened up my case and bag for me.

"We didn't, I was so nervous that he just did it without a second thought. I fell asleep pretty much as soon as we were in the air. He may have also covered me with his jumper because I shivered in my sleep" I could feel my cheeks going red again as I told her.

"Well who knew, shy Sophia holding hands with a handsome stranger on a plane, just hours after breaking up with her lowlife boyfriend!" She laughed as she started unpacking things.

I just rolled my eyes and laughed. She was the only one to know that he had been talking to other girls behind my back and luckily she kept to her promise of not telling my brother.

"Please tell me this is not Parker's jumper!?" She said as she pulled out the black jumper.

I snatched it from her and said "No it's not Parkers'!"

You could see in her facial expression as she has just realised who's it was. She squealed, yes squealed and jumped up and down on the spot.

"Is this THE jumper Jay covered you with?!" She said excitedly.

I nodded at her. As I was about to speak, I heard the doorbell. We both made our way down stairs as James and his mum came into the house.

"I didn't get to introduce myself, I'm Julie" James' mum said as she pulled me into a hug "Its so nice to finally meet you Sophia, your mum tells me so much about you"

"Mum leave her alone" James said.

"It's alright, its nice to meet you too" I said to her.

We all made our way into the lounge and my dad did the rounds on asking if anyone wanted a drink. Dan helped him to make everyone's drinks and hand them round. Anna, Julie and James were all catching up, I guess Anna had met Julie before. I need to ask Dan where he met James, I keep forgetting.

"Dinner's ready" my mum called from the kitchen. I sat in between Anna and my mum and James sat directly opposite me.