4

As we ate and drank I joined in with all the conversations, we talked about the wedding, how I was getting on in my job and how James was settling in at his new home. I wondered if he lived on his own, did he have someone at home for him?

I was talking to Anna about going shopping the next day for a new outfit to go out in, she had managed to convince me to go to a club. Whilst she was talking to me I felt a foot touch mine. I didn't need to look at whose it was as I could feel the stares from the person it belonged to. James was staring straight at me again. I tried so hard to concentrate on what Anna was saying but it was becoming more and more difficult. I moved my foot away from him and turned my body slightly, more towards Anna. Trying to show him that this was not the time or place.

My mum started to collect the plates from everyone, I stood up to help her.

"Mum let me do it, you stay here" I said to her.

"You're here on a break love, I'm ok" she replied.

Without me even giving her a second to think about it, I took the plates and headed into the kitchen. I heard footsteps behind me. I assumed it was mum, I turned around about to tell her to go back into the dining room, when I realised it was James.

"Oh hi, thanks for helping me" I said, trying to take the plates from him.

"I wanted to see you alone again" He said, not letting me take the plates. He walked around me and put them on the surface. He turned back to me, he slowly starting walking towards me, not taking his eyes off mine for a second. I felt flustered and warm all over. He took both my hands in his and slowly moved closer to me. I felt my eyes close. I could feel how close he was to me, his lips so close to mine.

Then my brother walked into the kitchen. I moved so quickly away from James that I'm sure that one of us would get whiplash.

"Mum said can you bring out another bottle of wine" Dan said rubbing the back of neck awkwardly, it's got to be weird walking in on your sister like that.

"Yeah sure. I'll grab it" I replied.

I got the wine and went back into the dining room. Anna wiggled her eyebrows at me as if she knew what just happened and she could see through the walls. I gave the bottle to Dad, he opens it and poured everyone a glass who wanted one. James walked back into the room and sat back down. Neither of us made eye contact for the rest of dinner.

Later in the evening Julie and James said that they should be going, Dan and Anna followed quickly after.

"Don't forget, girls shopping tomorrow. I'll be here at 10" Anna said to me.

I tried to help Mum and Dad clear up but they wouldn't let me, there was no arguing with either of them. I headed upstairs and took a shower. I had forgotten how much I loved the shower at my Mums house. There's nothing better than a shower at home. She always used the same body wash, the smell just reminds me of her and home.

I walked into my room, with my towel wrapped around me, taking the pyjamas I wanted out of the drawer. I was about to take my towel off when something caught my eye. I looked out my window and there was a tanned muscly back. He also had a towel wrapped around him. The thought of him in the shower was doing things my body that I hadn't felt for so long.

He slowly turned around and saw me eye fucking him, I ran to the other side of my room in embarrassment. Luckily close to my drawers again so I could get some different pjs out. I quickly dried and dressed my self, I walked back over to my bed, James was still stood there, this time with some shorts on.

I tried so hard to not make it obvious I was checking him out, but I'm pretty sure I failed. I looked back up to his eyes but he wasn't looking into my eyes he was looking me up and down. I took that as an invitation to be able to look at him in the same way. I looked down his body and I'm sure I counted an 8 pack, right at the bottom there was a tattoo of a date. I wondered what it was for, what it represented. He reached up and rubbed that back of his head, as he reached up all of muscles rippled. There was another small tattoo on his upper arm, it was hidden by his t shirt this whole time.

It was a sunflower outline, I can't imagine he had these tattoos for the sake of it, they definitely represented them. When I looked back at his face I released he was watching my every move and our eyes met again. I felt so embarrassed that I was feeling this way in front of a stranger, well sort of. I had never acted this way in my life. Why was I doing it now?

I reached across and closed my curtains, I turned my light off and made my way to my bed. I climbed in and tried to settle down. I remembered that I hadn't turned my phone back on since I got to the airport. I turned it back on and 15 messages and 10 missed calls popped up on the screen. All from Parker.

The first few were messages of anger, calling me every name under the sun. The rest were sorries, I've made a mistake, come back to me, I miss you already and I love you's. I just rolled my eyes. I didn't want to hear it. I had had enough. I needed to find my confidence and self worth. I think that this trip will help with that. I plugged my phone in and tried to settle down for the night.

I tossed and turned all night, I couldn't get James out of my head. I also couldn't get what Parker had texted me out of my head. It was really bothering me. He didn't say some very nice things to me, how long had he been thinking that I was fat? Or that I was ugly? Or that I was bad in bed, which I why he went elsewhere? That it was my fault that he cheated, I didn't put enough time into the relationship. All of sudden I felt my eyes fill up with tears, I hadn't cried since I made the decision to leave Parker and the emotions hit me like a bus. I had a good cry, in my bed with my head under the covers. The last thing I needed right now was my mum hearing me and having to explain all the things he had said and done.

You should never feel bad for having a cry, I lets out all the emotions you are holding. You should never be ashamed for having emotions.

After my cry I jumped in the shower and washed my hair, I decided on an outfit that would be easy if we are trying on clothes. I chose a flowing, yellow flowery dress, sandals and my light denim jacket. I braided my hair to one side and out on some light make up. I still hadn't opened my curtains, unsure if James would be the other side. Unsure how I felt about if he was there or not.