Part 7

A glass was knocked off our table and into my lap as someone drunkenly crashed into it. I was covered in my vodka and lemonade. Just great. So not only did I just miss another opportunity to kiss him I'm also covered in my drink. What does the world have against me at the moment?

James and Dan both jumped up ready to protect me, I expected Dan to do it but not James.

I was still holding James' hand when he jumped up so I pulled on it to tell him I was okay, a silent conversations between us.

"Let's just call it a night shall we?" Anna said

At the taxi rank Dan asked "Are you both staying at ours tonight? Jay you'll have to sleep on the sofa, we only have the one spare bed"

"Unless they share" Anna whispered, still loud enough for everyone to hear.

I felt the heat of embarrassment climb up my face, I knew I was bright red.

Jay replied "Yeah I'll stay and I'll sleep on the sofa"

I felt my stomach sink and I felt deflated. I wasn't sure I wanted to share a bed with James, yet, but at the same time hearing him say he didn't want to share the bed with me it did things to me I wasn't expecting.

We all got into the taxi and made our way back to my brothers house.

Anna asked if any one wanted anything to drink, the boys said they would have another beer and chill out in the garden for a bit. I said I would join them but not with a drink.

"I'm going to get out my jumpsuit and into something comfy and well dry" I told them and I made my way upstairs.

I put my bag on the bed, took my phone out and plugged it into the charger. I took my shoes off and took my jumpsuit off, I walked over to the overnight bag I brought with me and took out my pjs. I made my way back downstairs and found the others were sat back outside. In the summer you could stay outside till the hours as it doesn't really get that dark. We used to go camping a lot when we were younger, we would have a fire with marshmallows and make s'mores.

Anna and Dan were sat on one of the two seaters outdoors sofas so I made my way to sit with James. He had his arm resting on the back of it making it look like he was waiting just for me to join him and snuggle into him. I sat with him and we all talked comfortably about what we had missed in each others lives, being with them like this after being away for so long and then having Parker with me for every trip, I realised how much I had missed out on.

I started to get cold and a small shiver went through my body. James leant forward and grabbed the blanket that was next to him, he covered us both with the blanket. I smiled up at him and he gave his warm smile back. I could feel myself sinking into his hold, I wanted to snuggle into him but my brain was going 100mph with thoughts. Was I overstepping? Should I be doing this? Does he think he's a rebound? I shouldn't be doing this so quickly.

"SOPHIA" Anna suddenly raised her voice, it made me jump.

"Are you okay sis?" Dan asked with worry across his face, I must have been in one of my daydreams and not realised they were taking to me. My face instantly went the colour of a beetroot.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine, sorry what did I miss?" I replied, I made sure not to look at James' face. I couldn't deal with the embarrassment.

Dan just looked at me with a face full of worry. He knew what my anxiety was like and he knew how hard I had worked to get to where I was today. When I first moved away he rang me morning and night just to check on me. Some days I got so annoyed with him but others I was grateful. It wasn't all sunshine and daisies those first couple of months.