Chapter Two: Encounter

Yashiro could feel her whole body tense and freeze at such a small sound, and after a few moments she forced herself to quickly turn and look at the door behind her. Nothing was there. "Of course, I'm just being silly it was probably a mouse.." she tried to giggle it off, but the odd feeling in the back of her mind didnt fade away. It remained as she glanced to the painting one last time before turning to make slow and cautious steps to the door infront of her.

   She examined the door for a moment, a golden letter encrypted at the near top. The letter was 'A' and she tilted her head a bit, curious as to what the a could stand for. She nervously fiddled with her fingers before letting her curiosity get the best of her and grab the knob of the door. She turned the knob, and the door slowly opened with an agonizingly loud creak which made yashiro flinch and grimace. That sure wasnt helping her mood right now. She opened it fully and stepped inside.

  Her eyes widened in suprise at how unusually..clean it was for being 'untouched by man' for years. "Great, thanks dad we just walked into a strangers house..!" She complained quietly to herself and shut the door behind her, continuing on further inside. The room looked luxurious, having all kinds of old fashioned yet astonishingly beautiful architecture and red carpet flooring. She walked and looked around with awe, her eyes being drawn to the seeming nightstand beside the large king size bed. She walked closer and leaned down to trace the engravings and patterns on the wood, knowing just this piece would have taken forever to finish simply by how complex it was.

   "Wow, its very nice in here.." she looked to the bed which was covered in velvet fleece and the fluffiest pillows she had ever seen. Her eyes lit up, but she decided against jumping into the comfy looking bed for the risk of the owner coming back while she took an innocent nap. She leaned back up and continued to look around.

  The room was fairly pretty, the main base colors being red and gold with a hint of brown here and there. There was a desk and a large wooden framed mirror, both being styled to perfection with hints of goldish yellow laced in the carvings. Of course there was much more to see, but her feet soon led her into the bathroom which was twice the size of her own. It had lost the main colors, and instead was filled with white and gold. "Man how rich was this family..?" She made a mental note to look for some type of library to find out later while she examined the tiles and the tub. They each had a touch of marbling and it added more roughness to the look which yashiro really liked.

  She looked at the mirror, walking closer and squinting her eyes as a word written with some type of black marker or sharpie had said "hanako..?" The name leaving her lips felt odd, like she shouldnt be saying it. Though she couldnt exactly take it back so what could she do.

  She simply sighed, turning her head a bit to head back out to the room but she was stopped dead in her tracks once through the mirror and out of the corner of her eye she saw a hand extend to her shoulder and slowly grab it. Her heart stopped and her feet rooted, she couldnt more or think. A scarily cold and firm gripping hand was on her shoulder she was obviously mentally panicking. 'Someones got me someones got me someones got me-' she thought panickingly and she tried not to let out a horrified gasp as a raspy yet childish voice called "hello~ are you the one whos dirtied my floors?"

  She made no attempt to answer the question, instead she screamed in panic and quickly grabbed the closest thing to her which happened to be a candlestick and threw it to who or whatever had said that. She turned and watched as the candlestick flew right through who she could only assume as a boy and landed with a tink onto the tile floor. They both stood there, one in terror and the other in slight shock. The boy stayed silent for a moment, before suddenly bursting into laughter. "What's the matter with you?" Yashiro yelped and quickly took the chance to inspect the boy infront of her.

  He was short, looked to be about her age or maybe younger with his big doe eye and slightly messy hair. He was wearing formal clothes, though the coloring looked a bit off to her. There was much gold, and much red, but the odd tint of brown didnt suit too well. He was wearing a cape with little tassels on his shoulders and gold littered throughout his fancy brown suit shirt. Atop his head was a hat, a metal piece shaped into a gold symbol setting there, tied with red ribbon like string. The most noticeable thing about him was his mask. It covered half of his face, only one of his eyes could be fully seen through it. What really caught her eye and made her blood run cold was the knife attached to his leg by a small holster, and the fact he appeared to be see transparent in some places.

   Yashiro was at a loss of words, she was unsure how to react. "Y-youre..." the boy tilted his head a bit, then grinned while saying "a ghost? Yes. That's me. Im Hanako of the seven wonders at your service madam!" The boy bowed to her while her face paled. 'A...ghost..?' She thought and gulped, it taking a lot of courage for her to say "why are you here..??" The boy named hanako smiled, saying "oh for reasons I mustn't share. Now, miss...?" He looked at her expectantly and before she could think she blurted "yashiro!" And it caused him to hum and say "..yashiro, what is it you wish for?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Hey! I got lazy and didnt want to explain every detail about how hanako looks, so I decided to make a reference for everyone to go off of! Hope it's not too bad 😅 -admin

I'll make references for everyone once I figure out what I want them to look like :> -admin