Chapter Three: The Wish

Yashiro stared at him for a moment, the fear still evident in her gaze but confusion could be seen aswell. "Um..excuse me?" She asked and hanako began to fiddle and mess with his ragged and ripped cape, smirking as he said "you summoned me, you must know the rumors about this place right?" Yashiro was even more confused. 'There are rumors? From who?' She thought to herself and shook her head. Hanako gave a small sigh. "Well, it seems I must introduce myself completely then...I am prince hanako, the seventh of the seven wonders of this castle. if I am summoned by calling my name into my mirror, I grant one wish to the person who called me here. Though I must warn you, every wish of course comes with a price." He looked at her for a reaction and meanwhile she was trying to take all of this in.

   "Y-youre telling me I summoned a wish granting ghost..?!" Hanako only grinned and said "why yes." Yashiro sighed stressedly and forced herself to push off of the wall she had attached her back to. She took a moment to think. 'Okay, I can take his offer and wish for something important, or I can run screaming and tell my parents so I have a proper excuse to not stay here...number two sounds nice, but a wish for anything...' she glanced down to her daikon legs and she pouted to herself.

  After a few minutes of awkward silence yashiro took in a brave breath and said with shaky confidence "i...I will take your offer for a wish!" Hanako looked wide eyed at her, then bursted into snickers as he said "so serious~!" Yashiro felt her confidence deflate and she soon said annoyedly "shut up! Anyways my wish would be..." hanako waited patiently for her answer, her seeing him fiddle with the handle of his knife only making her more nervous as she soon said quickly "I-I want a boy to like me!"

   Hanako tilted his head, and it was obvious he was trying to hold in his laughs by the way his pale cheeks slightly puffed up. Yashiro looked offended, but she couldnt bring herself to say anything knowing he had a weapon at the ready. "You want a boy to notice you? That's easy!" Yashiro watched curiously as hanako left the room for a moment and came back with a brown fleece bag, rummaging through it. "If I may ask, how do you grant your wishes? Is it like magic or something or do you use little tools?" Yashiro asked. Hanako's visible eye brightened as he grasped something in his hand and he said "oh yes I have the perfect tool right here!" He pulled an item out and showed it to an excited yashiro.

   It was a book, the title reading 'love for dummies 101' yashiro paused, her face changing from excitement to disappointment as she shook her head and turned to walk away "I'd rather not have a wish now." Hanako watched her walk past him and he soon rushed infront of her while waving his hands, saying "now cmon just hold on a sec!" Yashiro raised a brow but listened. Hanako scratched his cheek a bit while saying "you see, my price for a wish depends on what that wish is, and if I'm making the human heart do something thats not natural the price is going to reflect that." He held the book up, floating with his leg propped ontop of the other.

   "Trust me miss, this way benefits you much more." Yashiro bit her lip for a moment. She really wanted to get noticed by a boy, any boy, and her only chance was blown because of the risk of the price. She shook her head, soon saying "but...what if I'm okay with any price?" Hanako stared at her silently, his eye staring too deeply for her liking as he said "oh are you...?"

   The two stared silently at eachother for a moment before hanako shrugged while kicking his feet up to float around as he said "then I'd say sorry I simply dont have the nessecary tools for that~" yashiro felt her annoyance grow as she said "hey, then you were bluffing!?" Hanako didnt answer and all she could do was sigh. She looked to the book he was holding, then said "I guess it wouldnt hurt to try..?" Meanwhile hanako had been mumbling tactics from the book. He soon closed it and looked to yashiro "here, let's show you off in some way! What's something you can do?"

  Yashiro looked up while she thought and her eyes brightened as she said "ooh come with me I'll show you!" Yashiro walked excitedly passed him and out the bathroom and he looked after her, his eyes filled with amusement as he floated behind her. They made their way back to the front, hanako having to point her in the right direction a few times since she had only been here this day. Once they reached outside yashiro skipped to the trailer carrying her families belongings.

   "Um what are we doing?" Hanako asked and soon yashiro pulled out a potted plant with ripe tomatoes growing off of it. "Tada!!" Hanako stared at the red well grown tomatoes, and his face slowly turned to a small grimace.

  Yashiro was suprised by his reaction and she soon pouted while angrily saying "why are you looking at me like that, I can grow flowers too!! I'm feminine and delicate!" Hanako furrowed his brows at what she said, then she continued on with a softer tone "that's why I got into gardening...a boy I once liked said he was only attracted to the girly girls of the class and I noticed a lot of them were in the gardening club so i joined..I also learned how to cook and sew pretty much at the same time...I decided after I had done all three skills I'd tell him how I truly felt." Hanako looked at her silently for a moment before asking "how long did you like him?"

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Sorry if it's all basic right now, I promise it gets much more interesting soon~! -admin