Chapter Four:Attempts

I swear i didnt die my phone broke-admin

*****************************

Yashiro let out a small sigh as she soon defeatedly said "about three years...I only got the courage to tell him last mont- wait why do you wanna know?" Her eyes narrowed suspiciously to hanako and he gave a sheepish smile while putting his hands up. "No real reason, just curious! You see it's been awhile since I've gotten to talk to normal people, so I like to 'get with the times' if that's what you will call it." He explained and yashiro felt her curiosity for this peculiar ghost grow.

  But, she decided to keep her questions to herself and focus on the mission at hand. "Oh...well long story short he declined me because of my...daikon legs.." she could feel her inner demon taunting her over and over about her damn legs, and the way hanako instantly looked down to her fat ankles only made her blurt stubbornly "but it happened and I'm completely over it!" Hanako had a playful smile as he said "I dont think I believe you." Yashiro put the plotted plant down while she huffed and grumbled loudly "well you should!"

   She watched as hanako examined the plant for a moment then looked back up to her. "So, who's this special guy we are gonna woo?" Yashiro could feel herself pause. She made the request of a boy liking her, but she never thought about who. "Um..." she thought for a moment and a lightbulb dinged as she said "my neighbor!" Hanako tilted his head and asked innocently "didnt you just move here-" yashiro was quick to interrupt "well yeah but I met him earlier!" She crossed her arms, proud of herself for the quick excuse.

  By the look on his face hanako wasnt buying it as he said "oh yeah? What's his name?" They both sat in an awkward silence as yashiro began to sweat nervously, letting her shoes fiddle and make small steps on the grass under her. She tried to think back to the conversation with her dad but no names came to mind. She began to whistle, now finding the tomato plant very interesting as she mumbled "oh hey it's still perfect after the drive~" hanako put his hands in his pockets and sighed a bit.

   He then began shuffling in his pockets while mumbling small things to himself which cause yashiro to glance to him. He soon said a cheery "be right back!" Then faded into nothing. Yashiro, having no idea what just happened, looked horrified to the spot where hanako had just been. "..did I kill him with my boredom! Wait no hes already dead...did he go to heaven!?!" She began to panic for the ghost who could have granted her one wish that just dissapeared into thin air, making her pace back and fourth behind the plotted plant.

   A few minutes of mumbling 'I messed up' and 'what did I do' to herself later she let out a small shriek as suddenly a pair of binoculars were shoved into her face. Hanako had mysteriously come back while she was pacing and he had a bright smile as he said "let's go spy on him then~!!" Yashiro took in a huge breath and looked with shock to hanako.

  "You arent dead! I mean..double dead?" Hanako bursted into laughter as he pointed at her and said teasingly "you thought I died?? Wow, people of this generation are hilarious! Thinking dead people can die twice, ha!" Yashiro pouted and she could feel her cheeks slowly heat up with embarrassment. "I'm sorry you just dissapeared how was I supposed to act!?" Hanako wiped fake tears as he said "I dont know, I thought you would be fine since I'm a ghost. I did say I would be right back."

   He suddenly walked closer and yashiro looked wide eyed to him while he said "and I wouldnt lie to you, miss." Yashiro stared into his eyes and he stared right back, though it only lasted a split second as she averted eye contact and said "a-ah...hold on didnt you say spy?" She questioned to turn the conversation, causing hanako to step back and grin while saying "uhuh. I'll be able to come with you, since they technically live on this property. Well, its theirs now but this place used to be bigger so I'm still allowed free access to a lot of the woods here. Although past the property point I cannot leave."

   Yashiro nodded to what he was saying, then said "okay..but why do we need to spy?" Hanako had made himself busy with letting his hand float through the tomatoes on her plant, yashiro watching with curiosity. It was odd to see that hanako couldnt touch the object, and his hand simply floated through it like it wasnt there. He looked up to her, then said "to get to know this boy of course! You dont wanna go for him being totally blind about how he looks or acts right?"