Chapter 6: Asking Her Out

It was a glorious morning in the Pridelands, everything was going right the birds were chirping. "Race you to that rock!" Bunga said as me and him were racing to a decent sized boulder around 2x the size of me. "Your on!" I shouted back at Bunga and was hot on the honey badger's tail. When Bunga was close to the rock I picked up speed and past him and I made it to the rock slightly out of breath. When Bunga finally caught up he felt like if he ran a single foot he would collapse and die. "Kion... you... are good... at this" Bunga said taking beep breathes, "well he does train with me a lot" a recognizable voice said and I looked up to see Fuli sitting licking her paws clean.

       "Hey Fuli" I said smiling and she hopped down right next to me casting her remarkable smile that made me smile back. "So what are you up to today?" Fuli said sitting down, "well I decided to walk around and kind of rest. Speaking of rest you should do the same thing" I said with concern shuffling closer to Fuli. "Ok dad" Fuli said sarcastically rolling her eyes, "I'm only looking out for my friend" I said shooting her a friendly smile. She smiled back and I could have sworn I saw her blush, "well I'll see you later Kion" Fuli said hugging me and then turning heels and running off. I was left awestruck and gawking at the direction she left, "keep your mouth open and you will catch flies which is bad for me" Bunga said and I shook my head snapping out of my trance.

"What do you want to do next?" Bunga said hopping onto Kion's back, "I'm getting kind of hungry, I'll meet you back here when I get lunch" I said looking over my shoulder at the badger. "Ok. Later" Bunga said hopping off looking for bugs, as I saw Bunga leave I started walking thinking what I could hunt. I was doin knocked out of my thoughts when I saw a zebra grazing all by itself. Perfect I thought as I immediately dropped on all fours and stalked near the herbivore licking my lips with hunger. As I gat near it I pounced on it bringing it down snapping it's neck with one swift motion with my jaws.

"Nice job" a familiar voice said from behind, I whipped my head around to find no one but Fuli. At the sight of Fuli put a smile on my face, "what were you doing watching me" I said smirking. "Seeing if the hunting skills were still engraved in your mined" Fuli said and walked up to the dead animal. She took a chunk off and ate it, I walked up to the animal and ate as well. "Hey Fuli I was thinking" I started and she looked up at me, "yeah Kion?" She said looking into my golden orbs with concern. "Do. Do you want to go on a date with me?" I asked waiting for her to reject me, as I waited I felt soft, warm fur press against mine. When I looked I saw Fuli hugging me and I could swear I heard faint purring from Fuli, "yes. I would love to" Fuli whispered into my ears making my spine shiver.

       "What time would you like it to be?" I said, "surprise me. Do you remember where my cave is?" Fuli asked and I racked through my memories but I couldn't find it. "Nope" I said and she just smiled, "well then follow me" Fuli said and as we were walking I could feel my heart try to jump out of my chest. "So Kion have you remembered much about your family?" Fuli said all of a sudden. "Well yes. I have heard a lot and remembered much" I said and after that it was back to silence. When we neared the cave I was surprised, there were flowers and a little pond near her cave and covering the entrance were some vines. "I remember so much now" I said taking a look around memories coming in slow and less painful as the others.

       "You do?" Fuli said walking up to me, "yep. I even remember the time I had to sleep with you because you were scared of-" I was cut off by Fuli's paw pressed against my mouth. "Don't speak of that moment ever again" Fuli said glaring at me, "ok sorry. I didn't know you were sensitive about that stuff" I said with my ears folded back. Fuli relaxed after seeing my emotion, "Sorry Kion I just don't like talking about that stuff" Fuli said and looked away with her ears flat. "Hey if it makes you feel better I have a few secrets" I said trying to hide my blush. "Well we have to get ready. See you tonight Kion" Fuli said and I walked my way back to Priderock.

       As I neared Priderock I saw my sister wait for me, "hello brother. Come with me I will help you prepare for your date" I was taken back by what she said, "how di-" I was cut off by Kiara. "I saw you and Bunga messing around and I followed you to your hunt to see if you still had your technique and I followed you and Fuli" Kiara said and we entered the lair. "First we have to make you look nice" Kiara said, "how? I already look nice" I said looking at me. "I know I meant have accessories put on you" Kiara said and she gave me a necklace with a yellow and black flower on it. It was the same colors as Fuli which made me smile, "now eat these" Kiara said and handed me some dark green leaves that smelled fresh. "What are these?" I said looking at my sister.

"It's called a mint. It will make your breath smell fresh" Kiara said and I was skeptical, "ok. I'll try it. But if this backfires I will make sure to tell dad about your secret meetings at night with you know who" I said. "I promise and don't you dare" Kiara said, "ok then" I said and ate them and they tasted nice and I breathed onto my paw and smelled it. It smelled ok, "ok good" I said smiling, "now we have to teach you how to meet a lady" Kiara said and we practiced till sunset. "Well go get her" Kiara said and I took off to her cave, halfway there I saw a green flower and picked it. This will look perfect behind her ear I thought with a smile and ran again not stopping til I found her den.

I remembered what Kiara told me, square your shoulders and walk proud I thought to myself. I rolled my shoulders back and started to walk with my head held high, when I went near her door she appeared and she looked so shiny in the moonlight. Her fur felt like they were smooth, which they were, but even by looking at them they looked smooth. She even had a red and goldfish yellow flower necklace around her neck. They reminded me of myself, maybe that's what she was going for, "you look absolutely stunning" I said finally. She smiled sheepishly and walked towards me, I smiled and set the flower down when she was in front of me. I smiled as she looked at it, "is this for me?" She said and picked it up, "of course" I said and she hugged me.

"Thank you" Fuli whispered in my ear and I hugged her back, we released after a few seconds, I put the flower behind her ear. She looked even more stunning and I had this feeling in my chest that felt like it was twisting and turning. "Wanna stargaze?" I said and she reluctantly nodded, "let's go on my roof" Fuli said and we walked up steps to her roof and laid beside each other. "Look a shooting star!" I said pointing at the odd that blasted past us, "I can't imagine spending tonight with anyone else but you" Fuli said. "Same here" I said and licked her muzzle which made her giggle, she rested her head on my chest.

My heart started to go crazy again being this close to Fuli, I looked down at her shaking her a bit seeing if she was awake. She was and I smiled down at her and licked her forehead, she smiled and purred with delight. I shifted out of her hold and she grunted a bit. I gently put her on my back and I carefully made it down her cave and made it inside putting her on the leaf bed. There was no comfy bed for me so I decided to lay on the cold hard stone floor next to Fuli pulling her close to me. She snuggled up to me as close as she can and I soon fell asleep thinking this was the best day ever.

Hello. Thank you guys so much for the wait and hope you can have a safe and happy day. Well that's all for today.
JJ out.