Chapter 7: It All Starts

"C'mon Lion Guard we have patrol" I said, "be safe Kion" my dad said from the lair, "we will" I said shooting him a smile. "Kion let's go!" Bunga whined and I just rolled my eyes playfully and caught up with the Guard.

"So Kion what are you gonna be doing today" Bunga said from my back, "well I'm just gonna relax and see where today takes me" I said. "Help! Lion Guard!" A animal called out, "well looks like life took us to saving animals" Bunga said and I smiled and turned to the Guard and the lioness in for Fuli's role. "Well Lion Guard lets go" I said and we ran in the direction of the panic and chaos. "Till the Pridelands end!" I started, "Lion Guard defend!" The rest shouted and as we got close I got a good depiction of what we were facing. I growled deep in my throat seeing the jaguars and leopards knowing this has Makucha written all over it.

"Maraku you and Ono drive the herd away from the group. Me, Beshte and Bunga are gonna take care of the leopards and jaguars" I said. "You got it Kion" she said and we split up doing our assignment, Maraku and Ono went to work shouting at the animals to follow them. "Makucha!" I shouted as I got near him, "ahh Prince Kion. How nice of you to join us, how's your scar? Remember much about it" Makucha said and chuckled. "I know enough to know that you should stay out and never come back, or there will be consequences" I said baring my teeth. "Oh I'm so scared, what are you gonna do? Use your special roar on us?" Makucha said, "my what?" I said. "You know. Your high and mighty roar" Makucha said, "I have no idea what you're talking about" I said.

       "Good" Makucha said and sneered at me, "so it's you against my whole troop. Sounds easy" Makucha said as he slowly stalked towards me. "Oh yeah? You and what army?" I said with a smirk and Makucha looked over his back and saw his troop mates all down for the count. "Um. You may have outnumbered me by a tiny bit. See ya" Makucha said and ran away with his injured teammates. "Well done Lion Guard lets head back out" I said about to head back out but was stopped by Ono who swooped down in a hurry. "Kion a group of leopards and jaguars are attacking a herd killing some animals as we speak!" Ono said frantically.

"Where is Maraku?" I asked started to run wondering why she wasn't there yet, "she is making sure the herd is safe from danger" Ono said. "Go tell her to follow you and lead her to us. We will hold off the group as long as we can until you guys arrive because the 3 of us won't defeat a group by ourselves" I said. "Affirmative" Ono said and flew off to get Maraku, "Beshte, Bunga I need to to hold off the group as long as you can at least until the herd can get far away" I said looking over at the Guard. "You got it Kion" they said at once, we were close enough to see at least 10 animals were killed from the group.

I was enraged by this and went faster getting closer to the carnivorous cats by each second, as I got closer I went for a leopard that was about to strike a little elephant. We rustled and rolled on the ground, when we stopped we crouched in attacking positions and faced each other. We circled waiting for one of us to strike first, analyzing weaknesses, trying to find the best battle tactic. Until finally I lunged at him going for his back trying to go for the most vulnerable part. He must have saw it coming because he jumped to the side and I hit the ground hard. As I was getting up I was charged at from the side hitting my ribs full on.

I got up despite the pain in my side, we just stared not saying a single word or moving or making a sound tuning out the things going out around us. He started to charge at me and I charged at him my adrenaline pumping. We jumped at each other but he was stronger and bigger than me and knocked me down. As I regained focus after a few seconds I looked up to see a figure looming over me his teeth bared. He had his paws on my chest, as he saw me look at him he put pressure on my chest un sheathing his claws and digging them into my skin making me wince.

I growled in pain and tried to find a way to get him off of me, I saw at the corner of my eye my paw was left unguarded. I used all my strength left in me and I unsheathed my claws and did a quick swift to his face and stuck them in his cheek. He roared in pain and I just pushed him off feeling the pressure release and I unsheathed on of my claws in my other paw. I came full speed at his face and stuck the claw in his eye which must of enraged him further because as he tried to take my paw out of his eye. I kicked him off fully and he landed hard behind me and when I let go and got up we turned and faced each other. He covered his eye that I did a good number on with my claw, he looked at his paw and growled and unsheathed his claws. I rolled my eyes and did the same thing, we charged at each other and I went to the right and charged as hard as I could into his side. We rolled around and got a few hits in, he clawed my underside and I growled in pain. I clawed his back and he roared in pain, when we stopped we took a minute to take a breather. When we were done we charged but the leopard cane at me so fast that when he collided into me he knocked the wind out of me and threw me. I hit a nearby boulder and felt my vision get blurred, I tried to breathe but it was hard. As I was trying to I felt a throbbing pain in my head and I felt my vision get blurred. As I tried to get up I stumbled a few times my vision have double the things. I shook my head a few times trying to stop the pain but it barely worked and without looking I felt a force charge into to me.

I was tossed a few inches away and rolled on the floor as I did, I saw a blurry black figure walk towards me. I tried to get up but he struck me down again and I felt a trickle of something in my mouth and when I felt around. I felt a missing tooth and spat it out and also spat out blood, he looked at me with a smile and he struck me again. I fell to the ground again my vision going blank but I fought back trying to stay awake as long as I can. "Look at the mighty lion. Not so tough are you?" the leopard mocked crouching to my level. "No friends. Just me and you nearing death" the jaguar said and raised its paw, I took this as my chance and lunged up and bit off a chunk of its throat out. Blood splattered and it stood there shocked, it stood there for a few seconds before falling with a thud.

I feel back to the ground exhausted and wounded, I was heavily breathing with blood pouring out of my mouth and nose. I saw something or somethings coming my way so I lifted my head up and tried my hardest and whispered "help..." after that my head fell to the ground and my vision instantly went black.

There you go, hope you like it. I hope to make the next chapter longer and more exciting and thrilling. Well that's all for now.
JJ out.