Chapitre 4

The atmosphere on the set is clearly different than usual, like a little bit more of excitement. And it is because today, another filming crew came to take images of behind the scenes and do some interviews, they said it will help promoting the movie in a few months and I feel clearly uncomfortable in front of the camera. I know it is weird to say that for an actress but when I'm playing, it's not me, I am a whole new person, I'm Karla De Olivera, it's different. So like a child, I'm hiding at a corner, staring at Ariana who talking in front of the camera. Everyone could see that she loves that. She loves attention. She loves being on the spot.

- She's driving me crazy, it's been an hour that I keep telling her that she has to go to make up!

I glance at James, the assistant director who's standing by my side. Since the beginning of the shooting, I didn't really get to really know him, he just grumbled around and informed me of my schedule. But he definitely hates Ariana, unlike the other actors, she just does whatever she wants and makes his life a hell. That is actually funny to watch.

- She's too obsessed with the cameras. I says giggling.

He groans and goes toward her pushing the cameraman. They are too far from me to let me hear what they say but Ariana and him are defenitely arguing. I chuckle again and take a sip of my tea. Eventually I feel again someone next to me. I move my head and see a soaked Shawn with a towel around his neck. I raise my eyebrow questioning him silently.

- We shot the scenes when I run under the rain.

I roll my eyes.

- Don't get me wrong, I love this movie, but it's kinda cheesy.

He laughs and throws his head back.

- It is totally cheesy but teen girls love it and it makes money so I'm down for it.

I grin and analyze him a bit. I just feel like money is his favorite thing about being an actor, and I don't really get it. I mean, acting is a passion, and it's so hard to work in this field so it kinda sucks that some of the most famous actors do not even enjoy it. I'd act for free if I could.

- What? He asks me.
- Nothing.

We stay silent and look at Ariana trying to blow a kiss at the camera even though James is pulling her by her shoulders. I would definitely see her in a comic show like friends or The big bang theory.

- You know you'll eventually have to talk to the camera right?
- Not if they don't find me. I answer without looking at him.
- Hey guys! Do you want to have an interview with the star of the movie?

The crew move their heads to look at us and immediately walk toward us. I groan and hide my face with my hands. I hate him so much right now.

- Hi Camila! So we just have few questions for today. Are you ready?

I sigh and glare at Shawn next to me who is giggling like an idiot. I can't help but slapping him on his shoulder and he whines as if he was really hurt, but come on, have you seen his arms?

- Yeah.

The journalist smiles kindly at me and look at her notebook with a serious look.

- So it's your first professional movie, is that right?
- Yes, well, it's my first movie ever actually...

I scratch the back of my neck nervously. I was really not comfortable right now. All of this is new for me, and I for sure am not a natural like Ariana. This girl was born for this. The woman asks me another easy question and I see Shawn walking away, with a smirk on his face.

***

The interview went pretty well actually, after a few minutes I goofed around like I always do and gave them a tour of the studio, showing them with a lot of pride, my huge basket of bananas in my dressing room.