Chapter 1

We gathered around Tomoya's drums and ended the concert with a wild drum roll. Then my drummer threw his drumsticks, completely exhausted behind him, and the last guitar sounds echoed from the speakers.

It was done. Once again, we had offered our fans a great show. The crowd in the hall applauded and everyone screamed. Especially the girls screamed their voices from their necks. I heard all our names, but most often our frontman was called. Takahiro let himself be celebrated on his small pedestal. The stage was his life and he gave everything for his audience. He loved it and everyone loved him for it.

All the fan presents were around us, which Taka neatly collected before we took our final photo into the fan community. The last one for a few weeks, we all needed a break after the long and exhausting tour.

Glad that we had enough people with us, who took care of the whole dismantling, I left the stage first, waving. At the side entrance someone was already waiting for me. "Hi! What a surprise! You haven't shown up for ages!" My voice sounded maybe a bit too loud and too cheerful, because my singer behind me immediately gave me a stern look. I could see from the corner of my eye how annoyed he was. It had always bothered him that I liked having his little brother around me. I liked Hiro, he was my little protégé and I didn't let anything happen to him.

I made my way to the entrance through the crowd and hugged the currently blue-grey haired boy. "All right? "How's it going with you?" I pushed him off a bit but kept my hands on his shoulders. "You're very flashy in your new outfit." Hiroki was a bit embarrassed, he always seemed shy, although I knew he could be very excited and active. A bright mind, because he always learned well and fast, the many hours he could spend with our band didn't remain without result. Since a few years Hiroki also had a band. With the name "My First Story". He tried very hard and was always practising. I supported him as much as I could, not only in musical matters, but also in his private life. His first contact person was always me and not his oldest brother. But in the last years we had lost sight of each other. One Ok Rock was always travelling around, and Hiroki was also busy around the clock. That's why our paths unfortunately didn't meet so often, more or less, not at all.

"Well, I'm quite happy, but your hair colour beats everything. It looks really good on you," he said with a smile. "I'm sure I'll do that one day too." And then he congratulated me: "Your performance was just mega cool. I'm so glad I got the chance to see you play." He looked me in the eyes, and I noticed a certain excitement in his voice. "Is it very impertinent of me to ask you for ten minutes of your precious time?" his questioning eyes shone, and I thought I noticed a somewhat more intense red colouring of his cheeks.

"Hm, ..." I muttered in my deep voice and smiled mischievously. "Maybe a quarter of an hour will go out." I ran him through his new hairstyle and added, "Hiroki for you, definitely Hiroki." He smiled at me embarrassed and we arranged to meet in the dressing room in a few minutes. I wanted to let the others know quickly. Since Taka was at an interview, Ryota and Tomoya, my other band members, should pass it on to Taka.

Somehow I was excited when I took the way to the dressing room. I don't know, Hiroki wasn't a little boy anymore and yet I felt responsible for him more than ever. After knocking twice I entered and found Taka's youngest brother in front of the mirror. I stood behind him and our eyes met in it. For a few seconds I looked deeply into his dark eyes which reminded me of our long gone time.

Then the younger brother first lowered his gaze and turned to me.

"Quite unusual after such a long time', he said and ran his fingers through his hair. Somehow it felt strange. He was always so familiar to me, but the last years had changed my protégé. He still seemed childish, but also... grown up.