Chapter 3

I've never been a fan of hospitals. Even though I was only a visitor in the private clinic now, I felt uncomfortable. Taka couldn't accompany me. Some important appointments were coming up and a lot of things still had to be organized.

Therefore I was alone at the registration desk of the hospital and asked for Hiroki's room. It had been several weeks since I had met him after our performance. Our tour with the bus was over and I decided to visit my little protégé to cheer him up. He sounded very worried and anxious yesterday when we spoke on the phone and I felt that he needed me.

On the fourth floor a very young doctor came to meet me. "Good afternoon, ... Mr. Toru Yamashita," she said cautiously and smiled embarrassed. I stopped and looked at her in surprise. "Have a nice day to you too, and... yes, i am." Suddenly she became very hippy and her cheeks turned red. "I cleared my throat. "I'm here to see Hiroki Moriuchi..." she smilted from ear to ear and nodded eagerly, "Oh,... yes, I know. I will take you to him," she whispered and looked at me still in love. Only when I started to walk on, she laughed again embarrassed: "Oh, yes, of course. She led me into a private tract and handed me a coat and a mask. "If you would kindly put this on. "The surgery was less than an hour ago, so these precautions. "Mr. Moriuchi must take it easy. He mustn't speak. It's very important for a speedy recovery." With these words she opened the door to the recovery room and I slowly walked towards the sickbed. It was dark in the room and smelled very sterile. Hiroki's eyes were closed and his features relaxed. He seemed so small and fragile.

Very carefully and quietly, I pulled up a chair and sat down beside the big bed. Then I took his hand and squeezed it gently. "Hey, little one," I whispered. Through the mask my voice sounded even deeper. I felt his fingers slowly move and close around mine. His lips trembled slightly and when he opened his eyes a tear ran down his cheek. "All is well, Hiro chan. You made it through." I gently wiped his cheek. "are you in pain? Should I call the nurse?" I asked anxiously. He smiled timidly and formed a clear "no" with his lips. Then he pointed a thumbs up with his free hand.

"Okay, I understand, everything is fine." I winked at him and squeezed his hand. "Tears of joy, then. You are happy that I am here," I said mischievously to cheer him up a bit. His smile widened and he rolled his eyes in amusement. "Hey" formed his lips now. Then he pulled my hand even further towards him and closed his eyes again. Again he spoke soundlessly and I could only understand a part of it. "terribly tired... don't go yet." "Don't worry, I'll stay here. Rest," I assured him and leaned back in my chair as best I could. So I dozed off and my thoughts circled around two brothers and my love for them.

After less than an hour there was a soft knock at the door. Had I fallen asleep? The doctor from before came in and when she noticed that Hiroki was still sleeping she waved me over. I followed her into the anteroom and she quietly closed the door behind her. Then she took off her mask and came closer. "Mr. Yamashita?" I looked at her confused. Since I was still wearing my mask, I had no intention of taking it off, she could not interpret my facial expression correctly. Otherwise she would have immediately noticed that I was not interested in her advances. In any case she was uncomfortable for me. What the hell was she doing. "Don't you want to pass the time?" with reddened cheeks she looked at me and kept pushing me towards a medicine cabinet. My questioning eyes made her laugh for a moment. "Don't be afraid, here we are undisturbed", she reassured me and raised her hand to my cheek to pull down my mask. I could not believe it. I quickly grabbed her wrist and held her tight. Not too tight, because I didn't want to hurt her, but I did. Then I pulled off my own mask and tried to buy myself some time with a casual laugh. "Dr.?" I looked at her sign. "Dr Hinata, ... you are going to get yourself in trouble," I tried to make her see reason. She stood in front of me with her eyes wide open and adored me: "I would risk everything... just for a kiss from you," she said, unhappily in love.