scene 4; the "date"

y/n's pov:
me and alex walk out of the door and to the university's parking lot. we both had our keys so i asked, "my car or your car?" "mine." he replied quite firmly, so i just nodded.
anoTher time skip i know i'm lazy —
we had been driving for about 15 minutes until we got to the restaurant. "just so you know, i'm paying." alex says. "are you sure? because i will if you want." i ask, even though i don't have money. "i'm sure, y/n." he says, the same firmness as earlier, so again, i just nod, scared of what he'd do if i had argued anymore. we get inside the restaurant, waiting for a waiter/waitress to escort us to a table. "mesa para dos, por favor." alex says when the waiter/waitress does get to us. as we follow them to the booth, i whisper, "do they only speak spanish here?" "psh, no, why would you think that?" alex whispers back sarcastically. we get to the booth, and get handed our menus. "what good soups do they have?" i ask him. "oh get this one it's a shrimp soup in like a semi spicy broth." alex says pointing to 'caldo de camarón', which simply means 'shrimp broth', on the menu. "okay i'll get that, thank you!" i smile. we order and we get our food and talk.
when we finished our food, we kept talking, loosing track of time, until i get a notification and look at my phone and see it's 9:30 pm. "we should get home." i say looking alex in the eyes, accidentally blushing. "yeah you're right." alex says smiling.
time skip 🙄
after we paid, we sit in the car for a few minutes. "that was fun" i conclude. "yeah it was." alex looks at me, making me feel like i was melting. then i was completely caught off guard. "i think you're kinda cute, y/n. i had a great time tonight and i was thinking maybe you'd wanna go on an actual date, maybe this weekend?" alex says, my heart instantly dropping. "YES" i practically yell. "great! it's a date, then."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
pretty eventful chapter if i do say so myself.