scene 5; falling in love

after the conversation in the car, we went back to our dorm. since today was friday, tomorrow was the real date. i changed into a baggy tee and fuzzy shorts, getting ready for bed.
"i wonder where the date will be" i thought to myself, while i was laying in bed. those were the last words i thought before drifting off to sleep.
it was a very good rest, until i woke up to alex's soft voice whispering in my ear, "today's the date, y/n." i stretched and rolled over, half asleep, until it hit me what he said.
i sit up fast, making me a bit dizzy. "today's the date!" i repeat what he says, but with more enthusiasm than there should've been.
alex giggles which makes my heart just absolutely melt. i pick my phone up and look at the time. 12:07 pm, it read.
"we can go ahead and do the date thing whenever you're ready, because i'm tired of waiting." alex says, showing his usual little crooked smile.
"god he's so cute, why can't i just kiss him already" i thought to myself, the thought of his lips on mine causing me to blush and giggle a bit. "what's so funny, hm?" alex asked. "oh nothing." i said, trying to stop the thoughts. "what if i just like gave him a peck on the cheek? nah. well? it can't hurt." i said in my brain trying to make a decision, then i blacked out.
i don't know HOW it happened but when i came back to my senses, my lips were pulling away from alex's cheek. there was a pause of silence. "i'm sorry, i don't know what got into me" i broke the quietness. "it's okay, y/n." alex said, lifting my hand up and kissing the top of my hand. "okay now go get ready, okay?" i nodded.
alex walked back to his bedroom, and i got up, picking out a white long sleeve crop top that had shoulder cutouts, then a flow-y long floral skirt, that went to my calves. i went to the bathroom, just to put a light pink eyeshadow on and a clear lipgloss on my lips. i slipped on the same white converse, my go to's, and walked into alex's bedroom. "are you ready? also where are we going?" i asked. "one, you look gorgeous, two, i'm ready as i'll ever be, and three, i thought we should take a round trip dinner train ride. it doesn't go anywhere, it just goes around a track, and it has like a restaurant inside. i think it's about a four hour long ride." he replied.
"that sounds so amazing! what time does it start?" "theres one at" he pauses to look up the dates and times. "okay, so there's on at one, five, and nine pm." he answers. "we could make it to the one pm if we leave right now! it's a ten minute drive to the station." he adds. "great! let's go, then." i say, way too excited.
time skip —
after parking, we walk into the station. alex goes up to the ticket stand, paying for the tickets. "how much were they? i'll pay you back when i get the money!" "y/n, it is absolutely not any of your concern!" alex says. "i don't want you to keep paying for me! i haven't done anything to deserve it!" i say, feeling bad for alex spending his money on me, out of anyone.
"i said it isn't your concern, just drop it. now, please." he was scary when he wanted to be. and now was one of those times. so i did what he said, but i still felt bad. really bad. we walked for quite sometime and at some point we started holding hands, but i don't remember when.
we got to the correct train and handed our tickets to a man right outside of the train, who slid open a door to get inside of the train. "gracias!" i said. the man nodded and me and alex stepped inside the train. we took a seat at a little booth in the restaurant area.
"this is nice!" i say. alex nods, looking around the interior.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
that's all for now because of le writers block