-01-

I wake up from the dream

I wake up from the dream. What was that? I get out of bed and get ready for the day. It's the first day of school since my parents died, and I don't know if I'm ready. I look outside my window to see a crow looking straight into the window from outside.

"Well, that's weird," I mumble to myself as I walk down the stairs.

"Toast. I can make toast," I hear my aunt Jenna say as I walk into the kitchen. "It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna," my older sister Elena says. "Is there coffee?" my big brother Jeremy says, and yeah, I'm the youngest, and it totally sucks.

"Morning," I say, making my presence known as I walk over to grab a piece of toast.

"Your first day of school, and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?" Jenna says, and I walk over to take the money from her. "Thanks," I say, grabbing my bag and putting it over my shoulder.

"I'm good," Elena says. "Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?" Jenna says in a panicked tone. "Your presentation?" I ask.

"Yeah, don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena says. "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap!" Jenna says as I put an apple in my bag.

"Then go. We'll be fine. You okay?" Elena directs Jeremy and me. "I'm good!" I say as I walk out the door heading to the middle school.

As I walk to school, I see the same crow from earlier sitting on a mailbox as I'm walking. What's this bird's deal?

After school, I go home to see Elena walking down the stairs. "Wanna come to the grill with me?" she asks. "Sure, just give me a minute. I go upstairs and get freshened up. I hear a knock at my door. "Ready?" she asks. "Yep," I say.

(Her outfit ^^^^^)

"Me and Astrid are meeting Bonnie at the grill," Elena says as we walk past Jenna in the living room.

"Okay, have fun. Wait, I got this. Don't stay out late; it's a school night," Jenna says, stopping us.

"Well done, Aunt Jenna," Lena says.

Elena opens the door to suddenly see a man standing there. He looks familiar, but I just can't put a finger on where I have seen him before.

"Oh," Elena says. "Sorry, I was about to knock. I wanted to apologize for my disappearing act earlier. I know it was...strange," the man says, not even noticing I was there.

"No worries. I get it, blood makes you squeamish," Elena says. Wait. What about blood? "Um, something like that. How's your leg?" The man asks, still looking at Elena.

"Oh, it's fine. Just a scratch, barely. How did you know where I lived?" Elena asked the man. I know I have seen him before! But just where... I wince at my newfound headache.

"It's a small town. I asked the first person I saw. Um, I thought you might want this back. And who are you?" he asks, finally looking at me, as he hands Elena her diary back.

"Oh, I must have dropped it. I--thank you. And this is my sister Astrid." He looks at me with a look of confusion and pain. So has he met me too?

Stefan then directs his attention back at Elena. "Don't worry, I didn't...read it," he said to Elena.

"No? Why not? Most people would have." Elena says with a questionable look as I pull out the book I'm reading, Twilight.

"Well, I wouldn't want anyone to read mine," he says. "You keep a journal?" Elena says a little surprised.

"Yeah, if I don't write it down, I forget it. Memories are too important." I look up from my book, sending him a questionable face. I go back to reading as I stand against the door.

"Yeah. I'm just gonna...umm, you don't have to stay out there," Elena says after putting her diary back inside. "I'm fine. Sorry, were you two going somewhere?" he asks.

"Yeah, we're meeting a friend. Do you want to come?"

When we walk into the Grill and are greeted by Matt, he immediately walks up to Stefan.

"Hey, I'm Matt, nice to meet you." He says sticking his hand out. "Hi. Stefan." he says taking his hand. So that's what his name is. It sounds super familiar.

We walk over to the table where everyone else is. "So, you were born in Mystic Falls?" Caroline says. "Mm-Hmm. And moved when I was still young." he says. As I continue reading the book I only started it yesterday. And so far, the Bella chick seems super annoying.

"Parents?" Bonnie asked. "My parents passed away." he says with sadness. "I'm sorry. Any siblings?" Elena asks. What are they doing? Interrogating Superman?

As soon as Elena said siblings he looked at me for a second then went back to them. "Um one, she died a few years ago. I live with my uncle."

"Oh," Elena said. So....do I remind him of his sister?

Care Bear then broke the silence. "So, Stefan, if you're new, then you don't know about the party tomorrow."

"It's a back-to-school thing at the falls," Bonnie says. "Are you going?" Stefan directed to Elena. "Of course she is," Bonnie says. As I finish eating my chicken nuggets.

It's the next day, and I just got home from school when I decided to take a walk in the woods. The high school party isn't for a couple more hours, so I can walk freely. I'm walking down a trail when I feel like someone is looking at me. I turn around to see a man that looks to be in his mid-20s.

"Now what would a young lady like you be doing out here all alone?" he asks. As I look at him, he has raven black hair and blue eyes.

"Uh, I was just walking, you know? Fresh air," I say. When suddenly he is right in front of me. I jump from his sudden movement.

"Holy sh-" he then covers my mouth with his hand.

He then looks me in the eyes. "Stand still and don't move.'' He carefully studies me, and his face seems flooded with emotions when suddenly he surprises me with a hug. He then pulls away, and he looks at me sternly.

"Where have you been?!?!" he asks with a bit of anger.

"What do you mean?" I say, but it comes out as a whisper. His face then looks hurt. Then he looks me back into the eyes like someone tore out his heart.

"Forget you ever saw me here. Go home. Stay home and be safe." He then kisses my head and is suddenly gone.

I go home after my walk and then shower and get ready for bed. I then start reading my book where Bella starts getting suspicious of Edward.

Let me know your thoughts! Please let me know if there are any mistakes -Reese